Options

Popular photo button ???

SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited September 7, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
The button/thumb used to "like" a photo and make it "popular" has disappeared ???
and so SM "popular photos" do not exist now ????
http://www.sergeberrardvisuals.com/Trips/Europa/Bordighera/i-5Cz95jw
Thanks in advance for your support,
Serge

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 5, 2015
    according to the thread Like button is gone the button has been removed. A comment from leftquark in this post indicates that:
    We have every intention of bringing it back, and more. As it existed, people could like your photos but there was no way to do anything with that: you couldn't see who liked it, you couldn't see how many people liked it, etc. We'd like to solve that and make interacting with your photos a whole lot better. Stay tuned!
    --- Denise
  • Options
    SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2015
    according to the thread Like button is gone the button has been removed. A comment from leftquark in this post indicates that:

--- Denise

Thank you Denise.

@SM: Not only I'm happy to learn that the Like button has disappeared but, as a customer, I'm delighted to see that I was not informed of this kind of negative change.

At the time of social networks, SM was already a no man's land compared to Flickr, 500px, Facebook.... now is a nolife area. We upload photos here and you know what ? nothing happens...
    By the way, impossible for many people to leave a comment without a facebook account...
    no interaction, no motivation, no stimulation, no feedback, nothing... something to take into consideration asap.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2015
    Hi Serge,
    In addition to Facebook, visitors can also log in within Google+ (which should come with any Gmail account by default). If you have visitors that don't want to sign up for either Facebook or Google, you could invite them to sign up for a free guest account, which would also allow them to comment on photos.

To do so, set up a gallery to "access - people I choose" and enter the email addresses of the people you'd like to invite. That would send them an email they could use to sign up for the free guest account to view the gallery you privately shared. The guest account would not only allow them access to view privately shared content, but they may also leave comments on any SmugMug site without having to sign into Facebook or Google+.

You can read more on private sharing on this page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero