Black Rapid - My wife is now freaked out

13»

Comments

• GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2015
    I've used BR straps for years now and never had any problems. Even with heavy gear on it, and on hikes that take all day.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2015
    one of my friends parents actually own br. I'd trust the straps with my camera, even though usually i'm happy with just using the original nikon ones (yea i know, kinda lame and uncomfortable, but they're cheap and do their job).

+1
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• gptwinsgptwins Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins

I've used my Black Rapid strap for about 5 years now. I understand where the photo store guy is coming from. I am constantly checking the screw of my strap to make sure that it has not loosened. Many times I give it just a little tightening throughout the day. I've warn my D700 with the BR strap for 8 hours per day and would not recommend that with the factory strap. I do take precautions, though.

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited October 1, 2018

I didn't join the Black Rapid camera strap fan club until recently, like many I was just a bit concerned about the strap-camera junction, but the current version ( Cross Shot Breathe) which I have used rather extensively in Iceland and Greenland is superb, and vastly more comfortable and handy than a traditional neck strap. Just make sure to check you're screwed in tight each morning and you're good to go! Also don't use your heaviest body with your heaviest lens either - think about the load you are putting on the connector and your lens mount. My 7D Mk II and a Tamron 16-300 travels on a Black Rapid Strap for weeks at a time now. I probably would not use a 70-200 f2.8 zoom this way, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a 70-200 f4 zoom either.

I also realized I have been carrying rechargeable portable electric drills up and down a ladder all day long with a long cross the body type strap for years, so there's that....😄

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin