Options

Poor man's 200mm, f2

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited September 14, 2015 in People
I just picked up a sharp copy of a Nikon 135mm, f2 DC lens. An old but very unique piece of glass. I lust after a 200mm, f2 but cannot justify the expense. This new lens is pretty close.

Test shots after tennis practice from my only available subject.

91115-1-XL.jpg

91115-2-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2015
    Damn....

So I was considering this lens. I wanted something slightly smaller than my 70-200mm f/2.8 to use for headshots. I ended up buying a used copy of the 85 f/1.8G for a really nice price instead. I'm sure the 85mm will work great for what I need but I was really wanting a reason to spend more on the 135mm.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2015
    Damn....

So I was considering this lens. I wanted something slightly smaller than my 70-200mm f/2.8 to use for headshots. I ended up buying a used copy of the 85 f/1.8G for a really nice price instead. I'm sure the 85mm will work great for what I need but I was really wanting a reason to spend more on the 135mm.

The 85mm is a sweet focal length for headshots. You won't be disappointed.

The 135mm has always been on my short list as a way to get some nice bokeh with a lighter lens. Many complain about the CA with this older lens with no coatings.

I got a nice, sharp copy. Check this out from a wedding I shot last night.

91215-64-L.jpg
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2015
    Damn....

I am absolutely stoked with mu 105mm Macro ;)
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook