Options

1950 Oliver 88

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
edited September 24, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
I am a fan of agricultural fairs and pulling events. This very sleek Oliver 88 was at the antique tractor pull.
Not a Ferarri , but pretty cool anyway.

IMG_5848%20-1_zps3wulibs8.jpg
It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2015
    Can't imagine the work that tractor could potentially do. Was this the standard six cylinder?
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited September 22, 2015
    Standard in-line 6, Wayne.

It was cataloged with approx 40 bar hp.

These pulling contests are mostly attended by the same suspects who tour the fair circuit in the fall and the drivers all know each other. The competition is not very fierce and the best part for the drivers is the camaraderie and beer. mwink.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited September 24, 2015
    So how much, if any, of the tractor pictured here is modified for pulling contests? The stack doesn't look like it would have been stock back in the day. Special engine?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2015
    I'm sure they do some tweeks, David, but, as the prize money is tiny, at least here, they don't tweek them much.

That isn't a stock exhaust pipe shown.

This was the only serious-looking rig there, and he didn't run.

IMG_5855%20-1_zpsdy7od9wk.jpg