Options

Like a bird on a wire...

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
edited September 27, 2015 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2015
    Very nice! What if only the bird and the wire it is on were kept.....and rest disappeared....question worth pondering my friend!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    Excellent eye! Guess I have to vote for it as it is...seems to add to the isolation of the bird. My only thought on looking at this was "Does the lens aberration add to or distract from the abstract nature of the shot?" I still like it either way.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Very nice! What if only the bird and the wire it is on were kept.....and rest disappeared....question worth pondering my friend!
    Cheers!

Thanks Taz, I did try different cropping options, but settled on this one, I like the framing that the cables provide.ne_nau.gif
    Excellent eye! Guess I have to vote for it as it is...seems to add to the isolation of the bird. My only thought on looking at this was "Does the lens aberration add to or distract from the abstract nature of the shot?" I still like it either way.

I was going to correct some minor curvature on the wires and started playing with the distortion slider and actually increased the distortion quite a bit.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    I was thinking cloning options.........not cropping.....its fine as is especially if you like it.....if a bird or two sat on other wires....yeah...
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2015
    I like the original - geometry and negative space work well together... thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited September 14, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    I was going to correct some minor curvature on the wires and started playing with the distortion slider and actually increased the distortion quite a bit.
    I had been wondering about why anyone would use a lens that had so much distortion lol3.gif. Cool effect--it reminds me of some of the ambiguous images cognitive psychologists use for experiments.
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    I like the original - geometry and negative space work well together... thumb.gif

Thanks Eric
    Richard wrote: »
    I had been wondering about why anyone would use a lens that had so much distortion lol3.gif. Cool effect--it reminds me of some of the ambiguous images cognitive psychologists use for experiments.

Ha! You are right about the type of images used in psychoanalysis. In any case, i was just playing...
  • Options
    AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2015
    This is an exceptional concept shot.
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2015
    AlexShark wrote: »
    This is an exceptional concept shot.

Thanks, glad you think so.