Options

Anybody's Thoughts On The Nikon D3300

photographyguyphotographyguy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 28, 2015 in Weddings
Hello everyone, I happen to have a couple of months using a nikonD3300 and would like to someones thoughts on it. I've been doing a couple of head shots with it .. can anyone share their experience and also show a couple of their photos .

Thanks
:):

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited September 27, 2015
    The Nikon D3300 is a very nice entry-level DSLR, with an amazing imager, an adequate exposure system, and an autofocus that should work OK for many photographic endeavors. (Sports and action photography will struggle a bit with the single center cross-type AF point, especially when ambient light falls.)

As usual, the camera is capable of handling professional lenses and the imager will support high image acuity. The "kit zoom" is better than many kit zooms, but it's still pretty slow for both apertures and for AF speed.

Quality lighting is still by and far the best way to make the best images, so be sure to invest in a couple external flashes, and one of the flashes should have commander capability (since the camera body's built-in flash lacks a commander capability.)

As Charles mentioned in your other thread, watch your composition and avoid any unnecessary and extraneous image elements around the periphery of the image frame.

Best camera reviews:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/nikon-d3300/nikon-d3300A.HTM
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d3300
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    photographyguyphotographyguy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 28, 2015
    Hello MrSiggy53, this is louie replying back to your input, I reallly appreciate it as you may have already notice I am still learning a lot on iso settings and lighting , really appreciate all the input you and the other fellows have share. Thanks for your time and I will be back in a couple days with some new photos of another model I have. Thank you