Options

A fun day at work

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited September 28, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Some products just make you glad to be a photographer... today is one of those days for us.

Here is just one of the outtakes while we were setting up the lighting. Shooting Gibson's, Strat's, Ibanez, and Epiphone guitars kept a smile on everyone's face all day long.

i-sDNc4Bw-L.jpg
Steve

Website

Comments

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2015
    I like the colors and gradients of light!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2015
    Very nice... subject (Gold Top Les Paul?), color, dof, all very warm and rich...
    Wish I could see the others!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    Beautiful shot of a beautiful guitar but I so so want those controls to be in focus. I know, can't have it all and the pickups/bridge being in focus is lovely but just wish you'd had a touch more DoF :)
  • Options
    Earache wrote: »
    Very nice... subject (Gold Top Les Paul?), color, dof, all very warm and rich...
    Wish I could see the others!

This one was the Epiphone chameleon. I had such a blast working this one as it changed to 4 different colors depending on the angle of the light.

Unfortunately we didn't have a lot of time to play with non work photos, but we'll be going back early next year to shoot the new models. I'll plan on adding an extra hour or two just for playing around.
    IPClark wrote: »
    Beautiful shot of a beautiful guitar but I so so want those controls to be in focus. I know, can't have it all and the pickups/bridge being in focus is lovely but just wish you'd had a touch more DoF :)

I played around with different focal points to see what I could come up using the macro tubes. I wanted that sweeping color, and moving to a different lens to get more depth altered the shot so much it just didn't grab me.

Here is one we took for fun and the client ended up loving it so much they ordered a large print to hang in some of their stores.

i-cQ9q6rh-L.jpg
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins

Here is one we took for fun and the client ended up loving it so much they ordered a large print to hang in some of their stores.

Beautiful perspective. Reminds me a little of the shots that Gibson and Gretch guitars used in days gone by when I was learning to play my favorite Chet Atkins' songs!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Beautiful perspective. Reminds me a little of the shots that Gibson and Gretch guitars used in days gone by when I was learning to play my favorite Chet Atkins' songs!

The old Gibson ads were certainly the inspiration (we sure are showing our age here)
    Steve

Website