Options

Menu is not compact in mobile version viewing

My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited October 1, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I just switched over to the new smugmug yesterday and I'm having some issues with a few things:

1. On a computer, my menu is horizontal at the top and I like it that way. On a mobile device, my menu shows up in long form, running vertical down the top of the page. How can I get all those things to show up under 1 header, called "Menu" on the mobile site only. I like them all showing up as horizontal across the page on the desktop so I don't want to change that, but I need them to look more compact on the mobile site. I am using a template (Copy of Koda).

2. My customers order directly through me, by giving me a list of the picture numbers and sizes that they want. In the new smugmug, when my clients are viewing from a mobile device, there are not any picture numbers that show up. Is there a way for the galleries on the mobile site, to look similar to the "smugmug" gallery design that showed up on desktop of old smugmug. (For example: it is the design that has all of the tumbrils to the left of the page, and when you click on 1, it shows the image larger on the right side of the page). Can I have the mobile galleries work like that?

3. How can I remove the word Smugmug from the top of my site? I am on a pro account. Also, how can I remove the smugmug clickable links at the bottom of my site?

Thank you so very much. You guys have always been so helpful. I have put off changing over to the new smugmug for so long since I put so many many many hours of css into the old smugmug, but now I look forward to having a brand new page all over again. :)

-Melissa
www.bellagracephotographynow.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 1, 2015
    My3Sons wrote: »
    1. On a computer, my menu is horizontal at the top and I like it that way. On a mobile device, my menu shows up in long form, running vertical down the top of the page. How can I get all those things to show up under 1 header, called "Menu" on the mobile site only. I like them all showing up as horizontal across the page on the desktop so I don't want to change that, but I need them to look more compact on the mobile site.

3. How can I remove the word Smugmug from the top of my site? I am on a pro account. Also, how can I remove the smugmug clickable links at the bottom of my site?
    To remove / change the smug header and footer:
    • Customize... Content and Design
    • Click Settings button
    • Set the Smugmug Header to Off.
    • Set the Smugmug Footer to Mini.
    To remove the smug footer entirely, see http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Sitewide/Remove-SmugMug-Footer

To collapse the menu for mobile, click the wrench icon to edit your menu. Scroll to the bottom of the basic tab and set Collapse for Mobile to On.

--- Denise
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 1, 2015
    My3Sons wrote: »
    2. My customers order directly through me, by giving me a list of the picture numbers and sizes that they want. In the new smugmug, when my clients are viewing from a mobile device, there are not any picture numbers that show up. Is there a way for the galleries on the mobile site, to look similar to the "smugmug" gallery design that showed up on desktop of old smugmug. (For example: it is the design that has all of the tumbrils to the left of the page, and when you click on 1, it shows the image larger on the right side of the page). Can I have the mobile galleries work like that?
    I don't know how this customization plays on a mobile device but it's probably worth trying.

See Sherlock Photography's customization to http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Number-thumbs.

Update :: I just accessed that gallery on my phone and the collage images are numbered. So this customization might be what you need.

--- Denise