Options

Specific watermark for thumbnails only

belindajbelindaj Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 7, 2015 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I'm primarily an event photographer. Now that I've finally converted my site to the newer Smug layouts - I would prefer to keep thumbnails watermark free in the interest of a prettier front page/index pages. However - as we all know - even with right-click turned off and copyright notices in place on right click - phone technology makes it stupidly easy for people to even snag just a thumbnail image that is watermark-free and stick it on the instagram, FB, etc with zero credit and without paying for the image.

If there were the possibility of assigning a specific watermark for thumbnails only - I would create one that spans the image while still being almost fully transparent but certainly being visible if the image is screenshotted.

This would be a HUGE, HUGELY welcome addition for event photographers like myself.

If I can already do this can someone please instruct me?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2015
    The only real "Thumbnails" are in a Smugmug style gallery. All what you see on any folder page are down
    sized full photos. All college photos are down sized full photos. You can set a minimum size that
    gets the watermark so down sized photos should have the watermark.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    You can set a minimum size that gets the watermark so down sized photos should have the watermark.

Yes, what I typically do is go into my Watermark settings and set the "Minimum Watermark Size" to something like "Large". For my Folders, I keep the tile size of the photos to "Small". Because the minimum watermark size is set to Large, any photos smaller than large won't be watermarked. The Feature Images, which are "Small" remain unwatermarked while the photos that load in the gallery are all larger and do get watermarked.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations