Options

pocket wizard utility and El Capitan

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited October 7, 2015 in Accessories
Recently I update my Macs to El Capitan operating system.

I started the PW utility and saw there was an update this morning. Right off the bat things didn't look right in the utility. When I turn the tt5 or tt1 the abttery indicator does not appear. When I updated the tt1 I got error immediately about headers or something.

I also cannot get into the utility's tabs.....i haven't had the need to go in and fiddle with my flex units in a long time beccause they work just fine where they are but wanted to work with HSS/hypersync and cannot get the program to fire up into the actual utility section with the tabs to configure..

Any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,791 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    The first thing to try is another computer with the PocketWizard Utility on it. If you don't have another computer surely you must have a friend/relative willing to help out with their computer. Since the PocketWizard Utility is available for both Mac and Windows machines you should be able to find something.

If that doesn't work, try contacting PocketWizard for further assistance: info@pocketwizard.com

BTW, really liking what I see on your website. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Houston we have a problem! I installed the PW utility on m daughter's computer without EL CAPITAN installed and the utility works as it should. The settings page opens and when you turn on the flex, the utility detects it as well as the battery level....SO, For everyone else , I wouldn't install EL CAPITAN unless you do not need to go in to your PW Utility program until they address this issue....
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    The first thing to try is another computer with the PocketWizard Utility on it. If you don't have another computer surely you must have a friend/relative willing to help out with their computer. Since the PocketWizard Utility is available for both Mac and Windows machines you should be able to find something.

If that doesn't work, try contacting PocketWizard for further assistance: info@pocketwizard.com

BTW, really liking what I see on your website. thumb.gif
  • Options
    photogreenphotogreen Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    yeah, I'm not surprised that things break in the new OS :( hopefully, the PW folks will release an update soon
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2015
    They wrote me back and said the fix is in the works and no release date yet but they said it would be released on their facebook page. In the meantime they me to use someoneelse's computer...nice!!!
    photogreen wrote: »
    yeah, I'm not surprised that things break in the new OS :( hopefully, the PW folks will release an update soon
  • Options
    photogreenphotogreen Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    They wrote me back and said the fix is in the works and no release date yet but they said it would be released on their facebook page. In the meantime they me to use someoneelse's computer...nice!!!

well, that's good news, i say. at least they are aware of the problem and fixing it ;)