Options

Sorting Control for Multiple Photo content block

jimrejimre Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 11, 2015 in SmugMug Feature Requests
In a Multiple Photos content block - please give us some way to 1) specify which field to sort on, and 2) which direction to sort (ascending/descending).

My particular issue is when I set the source for the content block to "Recent Photos". The sort order appears to be based on Date Modified (descending) -- or perhaps based on Date Uploaded (descending). I haven't done enough tests to figure out which. And there's no apparent way to change anything related to sorting.

For "Recent Photos" - I would PREFER the sorting to be based on Date Taken (descending). As it stands now, if I modify or upload an old photo, it appears BEFORE my actual most-recently-taken photos - which is not desirable.

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2013
    Thanks! This has already been reported to the product department. I will keep you posted!
  • Options
    cyrax83cyrax83 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    Is there any feedback on this? This is causing me so many issues :( New photos I select appear all the way at the bottom of the page
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    There's a few other threads on this and we're all in agreement we need to make it easier ... we've got a lot of great stuff in the pipeline so we'll be sure to let you know when we're able to improve sorting photos that you select in these content blocks!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    PixalPixal Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2015
    For me it seems clear that "recent" means the photos I've most recently taken (not uploaded) and that the newest should be on top. Can't use this feature anymore at the moment because I'm currently uploading older photos and now these appear as Recent.

So thanks in advance for fixing this soon.