Options

any plans for a print lab in Scandinavia?

DammenFotoDammenFoto Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited October 20, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Are there any plans from smug mug to have a print lab in Scandinavia?

Comments

• Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Hi There,

At this time the only print lab available outside the United States is Loxley Colour in the United Kingdom. Feel free to make suggestions on a new labs here: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug that's the SmugMug feedback form.

Which print labs are available through my SmugMug account? http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93270-which-print-labs-are-available-through-my-smugmug-account-?b_id=1644

I hope this info helps.
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2015
    I use Lundeby www.fotolundeby.no when I order my prints for my customers, I am very satisfied with their customer service and the quality they deliver. But it would be nice to use Smugmug, which would have been a very good system if it also could work for photographers that dont live in USA or England. I know that the print labs that smugmug uses, also deliver to other countries. But no one of my customers would order anything when the sizes are in inches and prices are in US dollars. Unfortunately the print lab I use in Norway dont have a system where my customers can order their prints themselves, and get it delivered to their own mailbox. I just wondering if smugmug have any plans, at all, to ofer other print labs around the world?
  • Options
    ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    Just curious, why wouldn't your customers order anything based on the measurements being in inches? I always thought that inches was the accepted standard for measurements when it comes to photo prints. I live in a metric country too but we use both centimetres and inches. Just curious.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    Shinrya wrote: »
    Just curious, why wouldn't your customers order anything based on the measurements being in inches? I always thought that inches was the accepted standard for measurements when it comes to photo prints. I live in a metric country too but we use both centimetres and inches. Just curious.

I'd suggest that in some countries, inches are not used at all.
    Inches are not the accepted standard for photo prints. I'd agree that they are very common.
    But photo print sizes have no rhyme or reason. They are all over the shop.

The big problems in having print labs in just the US or England:
    1) shipping costs are prohibitive
    2) delivery times are prohibitively long.

I'm in Australia and it makes absolutely no sense to people wanting to buy prints of my photos, for them to order from the US or England. They would NEVER do it. I have never bothered turning on my cart feature - complete waste of time. At the moment I self-fulfill and people get their photos within a day or two.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2015
    In Norway we don´t use inches at all. I need to use an Inches to cm converter on the internet to know what sizes I have on the different sizes on Smugmug. There is for me, no point in refering my customers to print from Smugmug .