Options

help please!

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
edited October 16, 2015 in People
I've never encountered acne like this, where it encompasses the entire face...what to do to get rid of this?15September_untitled_007-XL.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    I would try Lightroom's skin smoothing brush first. Failing that, you might have to buy Portrait Professional.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    You could wait about 3 years and re-shoot. rolleyes1.gif

Or, quick job on the jpg.
    i-vCGL9vd-L.jpg
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    Oh, thank you so much...I never even knew that was there. Works like a charm!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    Reflections By BrianReflections By Brian Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2015
    I usually use paint over the face in Lightroom and then drop the clarity down to where it looks good. I then add just a bit of sharpening to it so it doesn't look to fake or plastic like. I have also used a method in photoshop using layers and filters that worked pretty well. It was much more involved and time intensive though. The main thing I have found is to add sharpening back to the area to avoid the plastic look. You could also bump the exposure up just a bit and it may help mask the acne a little bit.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2015
    I usually use paint over the face in Lightroom and then drop the clarity down to where it looks good. I then add just a bit of sharpening to it so it doesn't look to fake or plastic like.

Yeah, if you select the brush tool in LR and change the effect to "Soften Skin" it just gives you a brush with Clarity -100 and Sharpness +25. You can adjust those amounts too.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2015
    This program is one of the best for what your looking for.

http://imagenomic.com/pt.aspx