Options

Trying to get a gif to work

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited November 22, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have uploaded a 450 by 300 pixel gif that is not running for some reason. Actually I uploaded 4 of theme.

I have large and original turned off but this shouldn't matter because it should be full size at small.

What's up? What setting in my gallery do I need to try?
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    bham wrote:
    I have uploaded a 450 by 300 pixel gif that is not running for some reason. Actually I uploaded 4 of theme.

I have large and original turned off but this shouldn't matter because it should be full size at small.

What's up? What setting in my gallery do I need to try?

animaged gifs only work at original size

Hope this helps :D

All the best,
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    animaged gifs only work at original size

Hope this helps :D

All the best,
    No I made them 450 x 300 pixels so that they would work at small or medium. Yesterday after I uploaded them they didn't work and when viewed with detail is said current size: 450px x 300px original: 450px x 300px and it had no choices for sizes to click on.

Now today I go there and voila it has sizes to click on and when I click on medium it works, like it should. I changed ABSOLUTELY nothing. That is weird. I knew I had everything right because I have done a decent # before and remembered the pitfalls that is why I created them at 450 x 300 size.

Oh well one of the funny glitches we will never know about.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me