Options

That little extra (real estate photo)

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited October 26, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
One of the things I do on Maui is shoot real estate. Sure, I dig the beach family sessions and weddings, but real estate is my chill time. I pop in a pair of earbuds, turn up some tunes and go to work.

So far, the agents around here like what I do and call me back for more. I like to believe it's that little extra effort I put into it, such as making sure the television is showing an inviting image. Below is a shot from yesterday's condo shoot. The rest of the gallery can be seen here:

https://jonabethrussell.smugmug.com/Real-Estate/Martin-Lenny/100-Hauoli-St-306/

7D MK I
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 PRO Series
Speedlite 430EX II

(Single exposure, no HDR merge)

IMG_4912-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    How much are they asking for this?:Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    JBR, you can tell you went the extra mile on this. The shot is very complimentary to the architecture.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    I am in awe of the lighting!!! Wow!
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    How much are they asking for this?:Dthumb.gif

I'm pretty sure this one is in the $2.5M range, as it's a stone's throw from the ocean, overlooking Ma'alaea Bay and a view of Kaho'Olawe & Molokini. Pretty standard price range for condos here close to the ocean, or at least with a great ocean view.
    JBR, you can tell you went the extra mile on this. The shot is very complimentary to the architecture.

Thanks for the support and feedback!
    CCoop wrote: »
    I am in awe of the lighting!!! Wow!

Thanks Coop! This little condo was quite fun to shoot, with generous lighting in some areas and challenging conditions in others. I'm continually impressed with what I can get a little 430EX II Speedlite to cover.

I did forget to add that I use a FlashBender, which is a diffuser / reflector that is flexible and can be aimed at just the right spots. Also, I shoot architecture like this using a monopod. Tripods are best for stability, but I can cram into a corner a little more easily with the monopod, not to mention it's a little easier to walk around with.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2015
    Excellent exposure.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    Excellent exposure.

Thank you!