wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited December 3, 2005 in Flea Market
Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon SLR Cameras
for more than 50% off - $33.

too bad I'm not a Canon guy:):

Link

44874150-M.jpg
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    Thanks John! I bought one.
    Moved to Flea Market - as a "DEAL"
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    They wanted $9.95 to ship it. That is 30% of the price.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    storksbstorksb Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    Free shipping is available!
    JimM wrote:
    They wanted $9.95 to ship it. That is 30% of the price.
    If you buy it from Amazon for $35.94 you'll get free shipping. Is this backpack any good?

storksb
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Would it hold the following gear? 20D with grip. 580EX. 24-70/2.8. 70-200/2.8/IS. 50/1.4. Batteries, chargers. Flash batter pack. What about a 300/2.8?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    Would it hold the following gear? 20D with grip. 580EX. 24-70/2.8. 70-200/2.8/IS. 50/1.4. Batteries, chargers. Flash batter pack. What about a 300/2.8?
    If you look right below the stock photo of the bag on amazon it shows some customer submitted images. One has an XT with grip and 70-200f4 attached, 50 1.8, 17-40 and two other lenses. Also a 1.4 extender and flash. In the mesh pockets on the flap it has other accessories as well. Hope this helps.

I'm planning on ordering one when I get back from dinner later tonight.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Read where this bag is no better than a generic Walmart bag.

Anyone got theirs yet? What's the quality? I have a Tamrac now but I could use an additional bag.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    I had been dreading spending $200 on a Crumpler... I think this will fit my needs just fine except for being able to carry a laptop. I can live with that compromise and $160.

Thanks for pointing this deal out!
    Chris
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2005
    I ordered mine today. It says it will ship by 11-25 and take 3-5 bus. days to get here.

For $35 bucks if it's a piece of crap o'wellmwink.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• Options
    edited November 20, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Read where this bag is no better than a generic Walmart bag.

Anyone got theirs yet? What's the quality? I have a Tamrac now but I could use an additional bag.
    FM gave it an 8.3/10. Not bad, doesn't sound to generic to me. :D

Eric

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Got mine today.

It's a fine basic little backpack. I'll keep it for occasions when I don't want to carry the Crumpler Farmer's Double.
  • Options
    illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    My friend has this backpack and its very strong. He used it for his VX 2000 camera which is about 3 times as big of an average camera body. It's a nice backpack, I'm thinking about buying one.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Options
    apcoapco Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2005
    I have this pack and have used it for most all of this year. It has turned out to be better built than I had originally thought. It has several attachment points over its exterior and comes with straps galore. I carry most all my gear in it all the time, the only thing that doesn't go in is the 600 f/4
    I currently carry: 1D, 17-40, 28-105 2.8 Tamron SP, 70-200 2.8, flash, 3 batteries, about 8 filters, all the hoods for glass, all my cf cards, h20 proof camera/lens cover, assorted other stuff you would usually carry and I still have room for a few more things. For the $ this is a great deal. If I had to say anything less than possitive about this rig is the close proximity of the shoulder straps to one another, after an hour of hiking it can begin to pinch a bit.
    My thoughts,
    Alan
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Did I hear Amazon? ANDY! I hope you sent my Amazon card... Sounds like the right price. :D

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    AlpineManAlpineMan Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    I ordered my bag last week and received it today. I like it alot....plenty of space for my 20d and a bunch of lenses including a 70-200mm IS. Excellent deal for less than $36 shipped.
    Chino Hills, CA

Canon: 7D, BG-E7, 50/1.2, 85/1.2 II, 16-35 II, 24-70, 24-105 IS, 70-200/2.8 IS, 100-400 IS, (2) 580EX II, MR-14EX, 1.4X II & 2X TC
    Other: Sigma 150/2.8 Macro, Kenko Tubes
  • Options
    AlpineManAlpineMan Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2005
    I just ordered two more backpacks...for my brother-in-laws. Amazon has lowered the price even still...now $34.14 shipped!
    Chino Hills, CA

Canon: 7D, BG-E7, 50/1.2, 85/1.2 II, 16-35 II, 24-70, 24-105 IS, 70-200/2.8 IS, 100-400 IS, (2) 580EX II, MR-14EX, 1.4X II & 2X TC
    Other: Sigma 150/2.8 Macro, Kenko Tubes
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2005
    Still waiting for that gift card... Hope they still have some next week.

johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2005
    AlpineMan wrote:
    I just ordered two more backpacks...for my brother-in-laws. Amazon has lowered the price even still...now $34.14 shipped!
    I ordered mine :D
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    I bought one also.

John should be getting a commission out of this.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2005
    davev wrote:
    I bought one also.

John should be getting a commission out of this.
    Yeah, "show me the money"ne_nau.gif

I just keep an eye on techbargains.com - one of my favorite sites. Bought a ton of stuff at amazing $$ because of their "deal" postings. When I see photo deals listed there, I'll toss a link up on dgrin.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Damn they will not ship to the UK:cry
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2005
    ordered! clap.gif
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    My wife ordered one for me to put under the tree. Think we pushed enough business to Amazon yet?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Got mine today. It's a nice bag. Holds my 300d, 70-200f4 with hood, tamron 28-75, "nifty fifty", kit lens, CF cards, filters, extra battery, straps, etc.. and still has more room. It is alot bigger than I expected.

Eric

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    I feel stupid. :( I got mine but I question if it can carry the lenses I own or not. 20D with grip, 70-200/2.8L/IS, 24-70/2.8L, 580EX. It seems too small for those 77mm diameter lenses. Is there something I'm missing about how to configure this thing?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    I feel stupid. :( I got mine but I question if it can carry the lenses I own or not. 20D with grip, 70-200/2.8L/IS, 24-70/2.8L, 580EX. It seems too small for those 77mm diameter lenses. Is there something I'm missing about how to configure this thing?
    I too am spoiled by the space in my Tamrac CyberPack 8. The Canon was smaller than expected. Planning to use it for short trips or to carry my flashes, battery packs, sto-fen's and LSII.

I do like the bag, probably because "Canon" is on the outside.rolleyes1.gif
    Greg
  • Options
    JHavemanJHaveman Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    I have a question for those that have this backpack. How easy are they to use? Are they better than a shoulder bag? I have a Lowepro Nova 5, but this might be nice to switch to on occassion.
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2005
    JHaveman wrote:
    I have a question for those that have this backpack. How easy are they to use? Are they better than a shoulder bag? I have a Lowepro Nova 5, but this might be nice to switch to on occassion.
    I find the backpack easier to use since you can see all at a glance. Don't have to remove items to get to items.

However, you can't, or at least I can't, change lenses on the fly. Also can't hang on a fence and change lenses as efficiently. Therefore I carry my backpack with all my gear and the shoulder pack to move around when I get on location.
    Greg
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Do you want to sell it, can't get one they will not ship to the UK
    mercphoto wrote:
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    Check out the Tamrac CyberPack 8 ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=321664&is=REG&addedTroughType=search ). It can carry all the items you mentioned and then some. Large enough to carry the 20D, 70-200/2.8 IS with hood mounted and deep enough to stand 580ex flashes up.

Mucho room but at a price.
    Greg
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2005
    Got mine yesterday... Fantastic bag. More than I expected. Of course, I don't have much to carry around.

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery