Options

Adding Scheduling Tool & Payment

AKAAKA Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I didn't find a forum that looked like a spot-on match for this question, so I figured I'd give it a go here.

So I am a professional photographer and house my site on SmugMug. I have just established a couple of day-long portrait "events", basically several mini-portrait sessions back to back. Clients will need to select a time slot and pay to reserve their slot. I am looking for a way to add these functions to a page on my SmugMug site. So, in short, I want to:

a) allow customers to see a menu of time slots available
b) pay for the time slot they select
c) Ideally, I'd like clients to do all of this on my site, or at least on a page to which they are redirected, and to which I can add a little branding so it at least feels a little like my site.

I chatted with SmugMug tech support and they said they didn't know how to achieve this, and recommended I ask in DGrin. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks very much!

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    Have you considered using a Wufoo form and then collect the funds using Paypal?

Wufoo- http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1259577-how-do-i-add-a-wufoo-form-to-my-site-?b_id=1644

Paypal- You can just add Paypal html into html content blocks

customize > content and design > add content blocks > HTML & CSS > drag the HTML content block onto the page > add the Paypal code
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AKAAKA Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2015
    UPDATE: after burning time trying to hack a decent looking tool, I'm leaning toward upgrading my Wufoo account to access their payment integration tools

Thanks, Teach. I created and added the Wufoo form easily enough. PayPal, however, isn't as accommodating.

The problem: Clients have one required purchase to make (the session/sitting fee). They also have the option of making one or more of a few additional purchases (high res files, prints, additional photographs). In short, there is one required purchase and a few optional purchases.

PayPal's button-creation tool does not have the ability to accommodate this pricing structure. It does enable you to add a drop-down menu below the primary purchase option (the sitting fee, in this case), but the drop-down menu forces the purchaser to choose one option from among the list of those available, but does not allow them the ability to select 2 or more of the options (without having to go back, reload and purchase each separately. Not a very good selling tool :(

Are you aware of any other way I can set this up on a page within my SmugMug site, so clients can select all of the options they want (ideally on one screen) and then proceed to check-out and pay once:

☐ Portrait Session Fee $XX (required purchase)

Additional Options
    ☐ High Resolution Digital Files $XX
    ☐ Set of 5x7 Prints $XX
    ☐ 5 Additional Photographs $XX

CHECKOUT

Thank you!
    Teach wrote: »
    Have you considered using a Wufoo form and then collect the funds using Paypal?

Wufoo- http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1259577-how-do-i-add-a-wufoo-form-to-my-site-?b_id=1644

Paypal- You can just add Paypal html into html content blocks

customize > content and design > add content blocks > HTML & CSS > drag the HTML content block onto the page > add the Paypal code
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2015
    Thanks for the update. It sounds like the upgraded Wufoo service may work for you. Other than Wufoo or PayPal directly, I'm not aware of other options that might work.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero