Options

Not Happy with the "New" SmugMug!!!

PhotoUnitPhotoUnit Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I knew it was coming and I didn't like what I saw when trying out the new SmugMug so, I ignored all the emails about making the change. Now that I have been force-fed the new SmugMug, I have to say for me it's a big step backwards and I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!
I waited to write this so I could give it a chance and try to acclimate myself to the new design. Unfortunately, my feelings haven't changed. Everybody is reluctant to change but to me, most of the changes made make no sense. To change the various settings used to be easy, now everything seems scattered about and it's more than I'm not used to the new layout. I'm trying to make a new gallery and it won't let me use the gallery name because the quick link was already used. I don't care about the quick links and I often title my galleries with the same phrase in the beginning of the title and it appears as if now I can't do that. Also, I have numerous watermarks with long names and now they have been truncated so short that I can't tell which one is which.
I am really disappointed in what I have seen and been through with the "New and Improved" SmugMug thus far. I have been going through all the threads and looking at others reactions both positive a negative and trying to find the silver lining but I have to say, I'm on the cusp of jumping ship... In my opinion you broke a lot more than you fixed with the latest update and I want out... Bill

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    In manage watermarks you can edit the watermark name. This will not affect the image.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2015
    Hi Bill,
    If you create a gallery via the organizer, you can set gallery title and custom url separately. So if you're entering a title that's already used, simply change the custom url to something else.

In case there's something else that you're having problems with or you have any further questions, you can either post on the forum or contact us on the HelpDesk.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero