Options

2 Folder Content Blocks on 1 Page

updeinvaupdeinva Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited November 5, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to put 2 Folder Content Blocks on 1 page? The link below might help explain what I am after. I currently have one folder content block titled "PSEA Trips". Below that is a gallery content block. On the page I would like to add another content block of folders that don't belong in the current "PSEA Trips" folder content block.

I know I could create a folder titled "PSEA Trips" and put all of the relevant folders in that, but would like to keep it the way it currently is now . . just add another content block of folders. So far when I try it it pulls in all of the folders that are in the current block.

http://www.bobupdegrove.com/CORT

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2015
    You have to make the folder page "Just This Folder" so the extra blocks are not added to every folder page.
    Make sure the "Just This Folder" is highlighted in right flyout.
    Then remove the "all folder" blocks and add your new blocks.

You can add all the blocks you want. 2 or more folder blocks would be okay.
    Not sure what the breadcrumb will show for children.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    You have to make the folder page "Just This Folder" so the extra blocks are not added to every folder page.
    Make sure the "Just This Folder" is highlighted in right flyout.
    Then remove the "all folder" blocks and add your new blocks.

You can add all the blocks you want. 2 or more folder blocks would be okay.
    Not sure what the breadcrumb will show for children.

So I was able to create a second folder block, but still not sure how to resolve a problem. I have a folder titled "Head Shots" that I was able to put into the second folder block, but that "Head Shots" folder still resides in the original folder content block. How do I organize the structure so I can direct new folders only into the second folder block (currently titled "Folders"), or in other words, how do I get it out of the first block and only in the second block?

http://www.bobupdegrove.com/CORT
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2015
    Looks like you want to split out "Head Shots" from the CORT folder. Are you now using "Current Location" to populate the CORT folder?
    If so, you could move "Head Shots" to the top level, same level as the CORT folder.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2015
    Another thing I noticed, you have a "Weddings (Private Galleries)" folder. I would add the passwords to
    each sub-folder, i.e. "2015 Cory and Victoria". Then the password will flow down to each gallery in that
    sub-folder and not expose any of the galleries until a password is entered. You can then leave the PW
    blank on all the galleries under these passworded sub-folders.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Looks like you want to split out "Head Shots" from the CORT folder. Are you now using "Current Location" to populate the CORT folder?
    If so, you could move "Head Shots" to the top level, same level as the CORT folder.

Thank you for all your help. I got the "Head Shots" set in a new folder content block. One more question hopefully: how do I add other folders into that new folder content block?
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2015
    updeinva wrote: »
    Thank you for all your help. I got the "Head Shots" set in a new folder content block. One more question hopefully: how do I add other folders into that new folder content block?
    On the folder box you can set "Select From" to "Folders I Choose".