Options

Bottom Align Background Image

EmilyGraceEmilyGrace Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited November 5, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I would like to have the background image on my homepage to be bottom aligned. Any ideas how that is possible? There is the option to align it top or center, but because it is a landscape I would prefer bottom alignment. My website: emilygrace.smugmug.com
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    owilliamsowilliams Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    Hi Emily,

I'm a bit confused about what you want. Background images will be cropped to fit on whatever browser size (ratio) they are being viewed on. This cropping will always be centered on the image. Unfortunately, we will not be able to pin the bottom of the image to the bottom of the page - it will be cropped based on the size (ratio) of the browser being used.

-Oliver
    SM Support
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2015
    Thank you for your response! Yes, I understand that background image will be cropped to fit browser size. I can choose top or centered vertical alignment for my background image(see screenshot below). Is there any way to change this to bottom alignment?
    I am using a landscape photo, and would like the bottom part of the image to always show with only as much sky as needed to fill the browser window. Does that clarify my question?

i-hqwJ29T-L.png
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    I am sorry but the there is not a way to change the alignment to bottom alignment at this time. I am sorry for any problems this causes you.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2015
    Teach wrote: »
    I am sorry but the there is not a way to change the alignment to bottom alignment at this time. I am sorry for any problems this causes you.

Okay, thanks for your response!