Options

The Dance

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited November 8, 2015 in Weddings
Just got back from shooting a wedding in Orlando last week. It was a long trip and we shot for 2 full days (rehearsal, afterparty, wedding, reception). This particular shot jumped out at me. Not that it's amazingly dramatic, nor is there a moment of 'OMG look at her dress'. Maybe it's just the parent side of me, appreciating the dad in the back left corner, smiling, enjoying a glass of vino, watching his daughter and new son-in-law have a moment of bliss.

Whatever the case, I like it enough to share here, amongst what I consider some of the best wedding photographers in the world. Thanks for taking the time to view, and as always, your comments and constructive input are most welcomed.

-Jonathon

IMG_4408-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2015
    Just got back from shooting a wedding in Orlando last week. It was a long trip and we shot for 2 full days (rehearsal, afterparty, wedding, reception). This particular shot jumped out at me. Not that it's amazingly dramatic, nor is there a moment of 'OMG look at her dress'. Maybe it's just the parent side of me, appreciating the dad in the back left corner, smiling, enjoying a glass of vino, watching his daughter and new son-in-law have a moment of bliss.

Whatever the case, I like it enough to share here, amongst what I consider some of the best wedding photographers in the world. Thanks for taking the time to view, and as always, your comments and constructive input are most welcomed.

-Jonathon

I totally agree that this captures a magical moment. As a Dad, who will be someday in this very position, I can especially appreciate the emotion you have captured!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2015
    It's a very nice image, good white balance and exposure between the couple and the background.

Weddings, events, receptions are some of the most difficult types of photography around.

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2015
    I totally agree that this captures a magical moment. As a Dad, who will be someday in this very position, I can especially appreciate the emotion you have captured!

Thanks for seeing the same thing I do in this image. I imagine you'll handle the great giveaway just as well as the father of this bride.
    Sam wrote: »
    It's a very nice image, good white balance and exposure between the couple and the background.

Weddings, events, receptions are some of the most difficult types of photography around.

Sam

Thank you, Sam! Ever since late July of this year, I've been religiously using the Fong-dong for beach, wedding and event sessions. Seems to do a good job of spreading light and removing the harshness. So far, I'm happy with the $60 I spent on it.
  • Options
    JonTinklerJonTinkler Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2015
    Yep, really beautiful moment. Unless you'd told us that was Dad though, there's no way we would have known .... but most importantly, THEY will :-) These moments are so important to the people involved. Nice one.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
    It's just a really good image. Great post processsing. Skin tones are really nice. Thanks for posting...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2015
    JonTinkler wrote: »
    Yep, really beautiful moment. Unless you'd told us that was Dad though, there's no way we would have known .... but most importantly, THEY will :-) These moments are so important to the people involved. Nice one.

Well said, and good point about not knowing the entire scene's story without my narrative. You're right, in the end, when it comes to service shoots, the most important thing is that the people involved love 'em.
    Ed911 wrote: »
    It's just a really good image. Great post processsing. Skin tones are really nice. Thanks for posting...

Thank you, I was pleased with the skin especially on this one too. The camera mounted flashy things can be tricky in dark spaces and I messed around and got one right!
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Nice work!

Thanks for the positivity!