Options

Gallery download pricing

ColinRuggieroColinRuggiero Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 13, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I'm trying to offer gallery downloads to clients and read the following in the support article:

"Digital downloads have a base cost of $0.01 for single files and $.99 for a gallery download to cover processing and delivery."

I've set my gallery download price at $400 and Smugmug shows my profit as $339.16. Why is that? If Smugmug is going to take such a big hunk of my profit, I can just use one of hundreds of services that will let me do this for free, including Smugmug's own downloads option in the gallery settings, and have the client write me a check directly. Why would I pay Smugmug $60 for something they already offer for free?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,
Colin

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2015
    Hi Colin,

Yes, you can offer downloads for free and take the payment "off-site". If you want to use the SmugMug shopping cart to sell downloads then SmugMug will take a 15% commission on the profits.

Your profit is calculated as 85% of the difference between the price you set and SmugMug's default print prices. Your profit from download sales is 85% of the price you set above the base cost for downloads. The 15% SmugMug retains includes credit card payment fees, customer service, and the costs of administering the program.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero