We're sorry but...

tartan snowtartan snow Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited December 20, 2015 in Bug Reporting
When I upload images to a gallery it appears to start uploading all the images then tells me something like "We're sorry but you need to be logged in" or words to that effect in red text below every upload in the list of uploads. Fact is, I am already logged in so have to log out then log in again and do the process all over again then it works properly. This is just a recent annoyance in the past week or so.

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 28, 2015
    Hmm... that shouldn't be happening. The number of users/photos uploaded to SM every day is quite large so I'll check with the Support Heroes and see if anyone else is having issues. It sounds most like a cookie issue with your browser, not wanting to keep you logged in, but I won't point the fingers to your browser before I check with the team.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • tartan snowtartan snow Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2015
    I have just uploaded a couple just now and didn't get the problem, hopefully it will stay that way.
  • pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2015
    This happens to me every time I try to upload through Smugmug directly, even though I'm logged in. I've given up and have resorted to using the desktop app "Send to Smugmug."
    edited December 3, 2015
    It's still happening
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 3, 2015
    Sorry to hear that! This typically happens when your browser isn't set to accept third party cookies, so please make sure that it does accept them.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
    edited December 3, 2015
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that! This typically happens when your browser isn't set to accept third party cookies, so please make sure that it does accept them.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

It was already set to accept third party cookies so whatever it is it's not that that's causing the problem.

As I said, I was already logged in and could do everything else on my site apart from uploading photos and was having to log out then back in again for it to work.
    edited December 15, 2015
    After returning from Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1 the problem has gone. I had quite a few annoying bugs with W10 and this is the second time I've had to roll back from W10 as I had to do it on my laptop too for similar reasons.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 15, 2015
    After returning from Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1 the problem has gone. I had quite a few annoying bugs with W10 and this is the second time I've had to roll back from W10 as I had to do it on my laptop too for similar reasons.
    For a comparison point, I am running Windows 10 and I am able to upload to my smug site. I usually upload using the Edge browser and I haven't had problems like the one you are describing. I wonder what the variables are that feed into the uploading problem.

The computer I am using was also upgraded from Windows 8.1. I've been running Windows 10 on this computer since the first day it was available as an official release. I did have some periodic problems with the operating system over the first couple of months but at this point with operating system updates the problems are gone. I wonder which version of Windows 10 currently installs on an upgrade, the latest, or one that needs an upgrade.

--- Denise
    edited December 20, 2015
    I have no idea Denise but with my laptop Lightroom wouldn't work properly after switching to W10 and I was also getting error messages about missing .dll files plus I didn't actually like W10 anyway and didn't see it as much of an improvement (had it worked properly), I only upgraded because I know support for W8.1 will run out before support for W10. With my other PC which is only 2-3 months old the problem was with the graphics or something, messages about Intel all the time and updating. It was updated to the latest version and still didn't work right. I wasn't prepared to carry on with it freezing up all the time just for the sake of keeping W10 which I didn't even like anyway. I hated W Edge. I have no interest in syncing stuff either, the opposite in fact, I don't want emails coming through on my phone or even to go on the internet with. Bring back XP or W98 even :D
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2015