FYI: Lightroom Plugin Version 3 has a bug it seems

Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
edited December 1, 2015 in Bug Reporting
I was just notified that there is a new version of the Lightroom Plugin available which I should install before importing photos from my Lightroom gallery to my Smugmug site. Unfortunately after I had gone through the automatic update process and chose to reload the plugin to enable it within Lightroom (rather than restarting Lightroom) I am faced with the following message in Lightroom’s Plug-in Manager:
An error occurred while attempting to start the plugin.
No script by the name SmInit.lua

;-(
I am running Lightroom CC 2015.3 on a Mac OS X 10.10.5 - Yosemite. (After hearing about the errors that Lightroom produced on El Capitan, I figured to wait a little longer with the OS update than usual :D)

The same text has been send as an email to the smug mug heroes already - who have confirmed to have received it and passed it on to the Lightroom team. But I figured some of you might soon be asked to install the plugin yourselvs so you might want to know in advance.

Rollback option if installed and failing: at least on Mac either use your Time Machine backup, so you have one or use the older plugin version which was automatically saved into a subfolder of the current's versions folder.
On Windows: I suspect you have the same backup catalogue on a Windows system too, but I cannot guarantee it (no Windows). If not, well I hope you have a backup of your system's files.

Good luck

Lille Ulven
https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 1, 2015
    Hi Lillie,

Restarting LR should resolve that issue. Unfortunately, LR only loads new files when it restarts, not when the plugin is loaded.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2015
    Thanks, David.

That works fine here :)
    Is that a change made to LR then? Because earlier on it was enough to reload the plugin from the plugin Manager to get it to work properly...

Well no matter what, I should have had the restart option back in my mind - good to see you had it :-)

Cheers,

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 1, 2015
    Typically, it's not an issue and reloading will work just fine.

But the problem was that I changed a lot of stuff under the hood....added new files and renamed others
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos