Options

I am having issues with my setting up my go daddy email account .. please help

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited December 2, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Okay so I signed up for a domain name through the smugmug/go daddy pages. The new domain works fine. I went to set up set up my e-mail account but I can't log in.

I get the message:

pending setup: validating MX record

So I got to the troubleshooting section and it show me this:

Why does my email account show that it is pending setup: validating MX records?

When setting up an email account, you may receive the "pending setup: validating MX record" while the system verifies your email account is using the correct MX records. If the MX records are correct, the message disappears. If the message remains, the MX records you specified in your hosting provider or domain name system manager may be incorrect. Your hosting provider is where your domain is hosted; your domain name system manager is a third-party domain manager where you might manage your domain settings, such as your DNS servers or MX records.

If the MX records are incorrect, you can add the correct MX records in your hosting provider or third-party domain name system manager.
To Change the MX Record
  1. Log on to your hosting provider or third-party domain name system manager.
  2. Change your MX records to:
    • MX 0 - smtp.secureserver.net
    • MX 10 - mailstore1.secureserver.net

I find my domain manager and click on the "MX mail exchange" tab and se this:

icon_checkmark.gifPriorityHostGoes ToTTLActions
looks like all fields are blank so I click on the "Add New MX record" tab and I see this:

MX (Mail Exchangers)

To create a new MX record for your domain; enter the priority value (0 - 9999) and complete the Host Name, "Goes To. IP Address, and TTL Value fields; then click "OK."
Note: The "Host Name" should be defined as your domain name (i.e., "domainnamegoeshere.com") or "@ (Entering @ will automatically insert your domain name as the host name for the MX Record). If the MX Record is for the domain www.domainnamegoeshere.com," the host name should be entered as "www." Do not enter "www.domainnamegoeshere.com" as the host name.

Host Name:

Enter Goes To Address:

Priority:
0 10 20 30 40 50 Custom...

TTL: 1/2 Hour 1 Hour 12 Hours 1 Day 1 Week

I am trying figure out what field is what from :

MX 0 - smtp.secureserver.net
MX 10 - mailstore1.secureserver.net

The "0" or the "10" after the MX I imagine is the priority. What should I put in the "Host Name" field ot "Enter Goes to Address"?

Thanks!
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments