Options

The Queen

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited December 3, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
This is Eleanor...known around Colonial Williamsburg as "Her Majesty the Queen". This was taken were she stays most of the time...the kitchen at the James Anderson Public Armoury.

DSC_6040-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2015
    Can't get enough of cat shots.......btw....she doesn't like you.:D
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Can't get enough of cat shots.......btw....she doesn't like you.:D

"Who DARES! enter my chambers with this photographic device!"
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2015
    Her coat certainly is regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2015
    Love this picture, Wayne. You have a way of capturing the mood of a place that I admire. In this photo it's the combination of the cat (and her haughty glance) with the fire in the background. I feel the warmth of the room and can feel the cat's fur beneath my fingers.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Her coat certainly is regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Carter. She has some great colors in her coat!
    Love this picture, Wayne. You have a way of capturing the mood of a place that I admire. In this photo it's the combination of the cat (and her haughty glance) with the fire in the background. I feel the warmth of the room and can feel the cat's fur beneath my fingers.

Cheers, Sara

Sara you are so kind! I really appreciate it! She's a very famous cat around Colonial Williamsburg so I was trying to capture a "regal" appearance. The fire in the background helped. I only wish the table on the right had been two inches further to the right.

Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2015
    Very nice processing, Wayne.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    Very nice processing, Wayne.

Thanks, Wiilard. Your thoughts are highly valued on any of my posts. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2015
    "Her Majesty the Queen" is the correct name for this cat :D Great expression.
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2015
    GSPeP wrote: »
    "Her Majesty the Queen" is the correct name for this cat :D Great expression.

15524779-Ti.gif She IS royalty around here. If you visit the Public Armoury at Colonial Williamsburg, there's a significant possibility you will meet her! Just ask for Queen Eleanor.