Options

2016 Calendar

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
edited December 23, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
This year I've continued my tradition of making a calendar for my family and friends. It's not for sale and I only have a few printed - but I thought I'd share the images here. (Richard, if this belongs in another forum feel free to move it.)

This year's theme is "the beauty lies in the details". (Because I live in Germany the calendarium is in German.) I created the layout in InDesign and for the initial choosing and placement of the pictures I exported jpegs from Lightroom. After I had made the final size/layout/picture choice I edited the original DNG files in Photoshop and created CMYK tiffs for the final placement. (The printer got a CMYK PDF file.)

I find the conversion to CMYK the most challenging - I had to retweak every picture to get the colors back up to par. Indeed, I had one picture chosen for August that I had to toss because I just couldn't get the colors balanced to my satisfaction in CMYK. Since I only do this once a year it could naturally be my lack of CMYK expertise that caused the problems...

The other time suck was the calendarium. I used an InDesign plugin which was basically great, but it had so many layers it was a challenge to figure out which style was on which layer in order to format all of the lines and backgrounds. I would have loved to do a bit more fiddling but I just ran out of time!

So, here they are - enjoy. And naturally comments or constructive criticism are welcome. (And if you find a typo I don't think I want to know!! :D)

i-VhBnxht-XL.jpg

i-rH9b9TP-XL.jpg

i-HvkszZd-XL.jpg

i-sgmCc5N-XL.jpg

i-GnZ5rzK-XL.jpg

i-sqMc4NK-XL.jpg

i-gxmvhsm-XL.jpg

i-H6SvMVn-XL.jpg

i-Hk2NBN7-XL.jpg

i-fTS4ZsC-XL.jpg

i-rGTnFHP-XL.jpg

i-FbJkmcD-XL.jpg

i-DMPrTK9-XL.jpg

I made this a bit larger so the description text is ledgible.

i-BrjJ66p.jpg

The calendars arrived today and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. The CMYK struggles paid off.

Cheers,

Sara

Comments