Options

So does Smugmug use flash (desktop version) or not?

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited December 31, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I thought flash was gone?

I happened to notice the warning when I turned flash off, but I cannot see any difference in the pages.

What does one loose now if flash is turned off?

Or what does one gain by using it with Smugmug?

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited December 31, 2015
    The linkable gallery slideshow uses Flash. The video player will also fall back onto Flash for certain video files that won't play in the HTML5 player. There may be a few other sneaky places that I can't think of right now.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    The linkable gallery slideshow uses Flash. The video player will also fall back onto Flash for certain video files that won't play in the HTML5 player. There may be a few other sneaky places that I can't think of right now.

Hmm... but I see this prompt on every page. Are these things loaded by default just in case needed? Is the "Slideshow" that I think is a default on the collage landscape what you are calling the "Linkable gallery slideshow"?

I guess it is not a big deal, but Flash needs to die. For some reason I thought it was dead in my website. But it seems to be a ghost -- still present, but not visible in some way. So I guess that's the good thing -- it doesn't seem to matter if I have flash disabled.

Just weird.

PS. I went into Show Page and looked around for it without success, but I might not know what I'm looking for. I looked for "Flash" and "SWF".