Options

Spacing problem

Peter LePeter Le Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited January 1, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
I'm reworking my site and am stumbling trying to remember some of this stuff. In my galleries I have a center large photo and CSS to put thumb nails as a film strip below. The problem is .... to much space between my header and menu to the top of center large picture. Also to much space between the film strip and the bottom of the large picture.
This causes (least on my monitor) to much scrolling up and down to see film strip thumb nails and center large photo. Not very efficient for viewing...... is there anyway to decrease this dead space and bring the center photo closer to my header and the film strip up closer to the center photo.
www.lewandoimages.com
Thanks so much Peter Lewando

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited December 31, 2015
    All I can see for trying to make that spacing smaller is setting a negative margin for the bottom of the menu on your page. But that may interfere cause an overlap of content on some of your other pages.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2015
    If you are not using the gallery header you could add this to "All Galleries" CSS.
    The gallery header contains the gallery description and all the buttons like slideshow, buy and download.

.sm-page-gallery-album .sm-gallery-header {display:none}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Peter LePeter Le Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2016
    Thanks for the replies.....but I don't think I want to take away the gallery header. Seems like a lot of dead space... maybe I'll just go back to thumb nails next to the large photo. Again thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2016
    Peter Le wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.....but I don't think I want to take away the gallery header. Seems like a lot of dead space... maybe I'll just go back to thumb nails next to the large photo. Again thanks for the replies.
    It's not the gallery header at the top but the header for the gallery content under the top gallery header.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog