Options

Chickadee portrait

Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited January 2, 2016 in Wildlife
D7200/200-500mm @ 500mm, about 40% of the original image...

Chickadee%20portrait%20C1_zps3fptsyt5.jpg

Cheers, Don

Comments

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    Looks like a pretty good - and (relatively) inexpensive rig for w/life shooters who don't want to go the third party lens route.
    I'd be tempted if Canon extracted their digit and produced an equivalent ... for those walkaround times.

Btw, what do you mean by 40%?
    You've thrown away 60% of the area /pixels of original frame or
    the 2 sides of this pic are each 40% the length of the original frame sides ... making this crop 16% of orig area?

pp
  • Options
    Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    Looks like a pretty good - and (relatively) inexpensive rig for w/life shooters who don't want to go the third party lens route.

Thanks Paul.

That pretty well describes my choice. I purchased the new 80-400mm shortly after it was released and then the new 200-500mm a week ago, always looking for "more reach" without selling a kidney mwink.gif

BTW > my 80-400mm needed to be sent back to Nikon for focus adjust. Came back spot on !

Before purchasing the 200-500mm I called the seller to inquire about similar issues and he told me they sent their entire stock back to be adjusted.
    Btw, what do you mean by 40%?
    You've thrown away 60% of the area /pixels of original frame or
    the 2 sides of this pic are each 40% the length of the original frame sides ... making this crop 16% of orig area?

pp

From the original 6000 wide I've cropped to 2500 wide using a 4/3 ratio. So that would be 19.5% of the original area. Or 2500/6000=41.7 :ivar

Full%20size_zpsguashwi8.jpg

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2016
    What a beautiful bird. Great job with this portrait!

Tony
    https://tonybritton.smugmug.com/Other/Strictly-For-The-Birds/