Options

Apology

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 4, 2016 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
You may or may not know I was banished from Digital Grin for a couple of weeks.

After some thought and talking with friends I agree that my comments were out of line and I really do apologize.

While I remain adamant we remain free to express our positions, to discuss, argue, etc, we do need to keep our comments within bounds.

I am not talking about political correctness but keeping this a place where all can feel comfortable voicing their opinion without ridicule or personal attack.

Sure that's not the real world, but why not maintain a place where the timid as well as the more aggressive can speak without fear?

Sam Linville

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 3, 2016
    Glad to have you back Sam and looking forward to both your photos and discussing how we can make SmugMug even better for you all!

Happy new year!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2016
    Sam wrote: »
    You may or may not know I was banished from Digital Grin for a couple of weeks.

After some thought and talking with friends I agree that my comments were out of line and I really do apologize.

While I remain adamant we remain free to express our positions, to discuss, argue, etc, we do need to keep our comments within bounds.

I am not talking about political correctness but keeping this a place where all can feel comfortable voicing their opinion without ridicule or personal attack.

Sure that's not the real world, but why not maintain a place where the timid as well as the more aggressive can speak without fear?

Sam Linville

Nice to have you back Sam. I agree with everything you have said here ... and it takes a man of some character to create this thread.

I have always found your comments robust but thought provoking ... often raising points of view and perspectives that I would not have considered.

Look forward to reading your thoughts going forward in 2016 thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Nice to have you back Sam. I agree with everything you have said here ... and it takes a man of some character to create this thread.

I have always found your comments robust but thought provoking ... often raising points of view and perspectives that I would not have considered.

Look forward to reading your thoughts going forward in 2016 thumb.gif

I really appreciate your sentiments but no one should receive accolades for doing the right thing. It should be expected.

Sam
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    Sam wrote: »
    I really appreciate your sentiments but no one should receive accolades for doing the right thing. It should be expected.

Sam

In this day and age, not all people "do the right thing".
    Way too much bluff and bluster and little inclination to back down.
    What we expect people to do and what people actually do are often at odds.

Not everyone has the integrity to make an apology.
    Others may apologise, but it could be a brief, token apology.

I can see from your post you are a man with principles/integrity and a sense of obligation to set things right. Just letting you know that I applaud that. thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com