Smugmug + Blog + Website + Social Media

droptodesigndroptodesign Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 5, 2016 in Mind Your Own Business
So,

When I first found Smugmug, I thought it may be a replacement for my website, but some of the video integration has slowed that transition. I do have a wordpress blog, but for the life of me can't think of how to use both the blog and smugmug, which for what purpose. I know there are folks that keep up both, even mimic both, but that's difficult for me to wrap my head around.

Smugmug said they aren't planning to integrate blogging, which is sad. So my question is; what if any is a reason for a blog now-a-days and would I need to just upload the same content to both? I'm perplexed. :scratch

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 5, 2016
    The reason for a blog is to share words as well as photos. I use my blog to highlight new galleries as well.

I have matched the look of my blog to my smugmug site. My photos live on smugmug and are pulled into my blog. The blog entries are written only in my blog (which is hosted on blogger). Clicking a photo in my blog takes the viewer to my smugmug site. To see my site(s) follow the links in my signature below.

There are other folks who have done the same thing with their smugmug site and a wordpress blog. You can see an example if you take a look at Hikin' Mike's site (links in his signature).

--- Denise
  • droptodesigndroptodesign Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2016
    The reason for a blog is to share words as well as photos. I use my blog to highlight new galleries as well.

I have matched the look of my blog to my smugmug site. My photos live on smugmug and are pulled into my blog. The blog entries are written only in my blog (which is hosted on blogger). Clicking a photo in my blog takes the viewer to my smugmug site. To see my site(s) follow the links in my signature below.

There are other folks who have done the same thing with their smugmug site and a wordpress blog. You can see an example if you take a look at Hikin' Mike's site (links in his signature).

--- Denise

Hi Denise,

I read an old post of yours about this so I'm glad you responded. I just went to my blog and tried to import an image and I came up with nothing. How are you pulling them in?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 5, 2016
    Hi Denise,

I read an old post of yours about this so I'm glad you responded. I just went to my blog and tried to import an image and I came up with nothing. How are you pulling them in?
    I'm not importing the images into my blog. I'm using the Share dialog in SmugMug to generate the HTML for each photo to be placed in my blog.

SmugMug help page for share is at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93254-how-do-i-share-my-photos-.

--- Denise
  • droptodesigndroptodesign Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 5, 2016
    I'm not importing the images into my blog. I'm using the Share dialog in SmugMug to generate the HTML for each photo to be placed in my blog.

SmugMug help page for share is at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93254-how-do-i-share-my-photos-.

--- Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the help. I was able to figure out that using the prophoto editor I have for my wp blog, I was able to put a slide show into a post by linking the gallery url, you can see the slideshow here, http://droptodesign.com/dtdblog/ I've asked smugmug to do some wp implementation, I guess we all need to ask a bit. Thanks again for the help. I'm trying to resurrect my blog.