Options

Embedding Images affect SEO?

Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 6, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

Im embedding images via smugmug==>wordpress

The method i use is use a 2xl size, copy from smugmug and paste to blog

Does embedding image like this affect seo? I use prophoto blog with a pinterest pin image plugin. The image weren't showing pin until I provided with a name or alt-tag "attaching" to the site.

WHen I looked at my sitemap via yost sitemap view it showed a lot of my posts with 1, 2, and 10 images max.

Any insite on seo via embedding or copy past would be great.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    The photos I embed/link to in my blog show up in Google long before they show from Smugmug. Probably because
    blogger.com is a much more popular site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 6, 2016
    ...The method i use is use a 2xl size, copy from smugmug and paste to blog

Does embedding image like this affect seo?
    Are you using HTML to reference your photo on your smugmug site or are you physically copying the photo from your smugmug site to your blog?

If you are using HTML and providing a link back to your smugmug site then SEO is affected. If you are physically copying the photo and loading it to your blog you don't link back to your smug site and SEO for your smug site is not then impacted.

Try searching on Google for site:www.yoururl.com to see results for your site.

You might find some of these Google search operators helpful.

--- Denise
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    Embedding in a blog like this actually helps your SEO since you're creating a link between SmugMug and your blog. Links like this are what power SEO rankings, and typing a high performing site like WordPress, Blogger, or ProPhoto helps boost your smugmug sites SEO rank.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations