Options

Gallery layout help needed

rayaverarayavera Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited January 8, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I would like to make one of my galleries open up into monthly galleries. Within those monthly galleries I will be adding daily pictures. I can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    You can create a folder and then add the monthly galleries into it. Within each month's gallery the daily pictures can be added. The following help page gives a run down of how the site organization is set up and should help clear up any confusion.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1213252-what-are-folders-and-hierarchy-?b_id=1644
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2016
    Thanks
    Thanks Heather,

I think that will work although it's not exactly what I had in mind. On my gallery page I was looking for my PaD gallery to be included in with the rest of galleries but when you clicked it, it would bring up the monthly galleries.
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    rayavera wrote: »
    Thanks Heather,

I think that will work although it's not exactly what I had in mind. On my gallery page I was looking for my PaD gallery to be included in with the rest of galleries but when you clicked it, it would bring up the monthly galleries.

Instead of using a galleries content block, use a folders, galleries, and pages content block. This will look exactly like your galleries page, but folders can be mixed right in. By hiding the gallery or folder icon, the folder will sit there seamlessly among the galleries.

Dave
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2016
    Thanks Dave
    Thanks Dave, I'll see if I can figure out how to do what your suggesting.
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2016
    rayavera wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, I'll see if I can figure out how to do what your suggesting.

I'd start by just adding a folders, galleries, and pages content block right below the existing folders content block and galleries content block. That way you can make sure you're keeping the formatting the same as far as thumbnail size, spacing, etc. Once it's working, delete the two separate folders and galleries content blocks and you should be left with the one combined list.

Dave