Options

Breadcrumbs - Link back to page or sharegroup

IanGIanG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 10, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Hi,

I wasn't sure if this should be a bug, as the functionality I desire might be available, or a feature request. I want to:
    upload say 100 albums into a folder in SmugMug have 2 separate pages or sharegroups, don't care which choose albums per sharegroup, one album might go into all sharegroups

I know this functionality exists. But when people, either through a page or a sharegroup, view a photo they are presented with the breadcrumb:

Home > Root folder > Photo name

This renders the page and sharegroup pointless for multiple reasons:
    The user has to click back and has no context of where they have navigated to I don't want all users to be able to see what photos are in the root folder, for example, my parents would rather not see pictures of me at uni having had too much to drink

All the functionality I require exists apart from the breadcrumb really making it unusable. I can't create a structure in smugmug with multiple folders and different permissions as then I couldn't make the album public / viewable from both pages or sharegroups. I've tried countless combinations or ways to achieve what I need. All that is required is for the breadcrumb to link back to the actual entry point whether or not that is the page or sharegroup. Currently the breadcrumb doesn't actually reflect where you've navigated to it just reflects the folder structure which is an entirely different concept. I'm a developer and would be happy to do this myself but I know javascript is not supported/stripped out of pages in the latest version.

If there is another way of achieving this then that would be great.

An old thread on customizing legacy smugmug suggests a javascript solution but, as per the new design, that isn't possible any longer: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=248778

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2016
    Add your own breadcrumb ... err ... link back in the sharegroup description.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    IanGIanG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 10, 2016
    Yes that is an option but not a scalable solution for the 240 albums I have which I want to share through multiple share groups / pages.