Web upload via Firefox Mac results in Error

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited January 13, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I am not sure if this is a SmugMug issue or a Firefox issue. I have encountered the problem on both of my Mac's. One is a MacBook Air the other is an iMac. Both are Running El Capitain 10.11.2. I updated to Firefox 43.0.3 to verify that I have the latest on both.

Here is the scenario:
  1. I sign into my SmugMug Account
  2. I go to an existing gallery
  3. I select Upload from the top owner's bar
  4. I drag a valid file (does not matter the size or type from what I can tell) to the target box that appears
  5. The file uploads
  6. At the end of the upload I receive an error message of "You don't seem to be logged into that account please try again."

As things work okay in Chrome I think that this is a Firefox error but figure it is worth checking and seeing if it is an issue that is known or considered.

Thank you.
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    Sometimes it does this when there's some cookie issues. Perhaps you could try clearing your cookies from Firefox and relogging in, and seeing if that helps?
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    I am not sure if this is a SmugMug issue or a Firefox issue. I have encountered the problem on both of my Mac's. One is a MacBook Air the other is an iMac. Both are Running El Capitain 10.11.2. I updated to Firefox 43.0.3 to verify that I have the latest on both.

As things work okay in Chrome I think that this is a Firefox error but figure it is worth checking and seeing if it is an issue that is known or considered.

Thank you.

I've been having problems uploading photos to different sites using Firefox for a couple of weeks now. Oddly enough the upload in Smugmug works fine although the individual replace photo doesn't work. Running windows 10. Everything works fine with IE. This is the first time I've had problems with Firefox in over five years so I'm hopeful the problem will be fixed with an update. In the meantime I switch to IE when an upload is needed to an affected site. So far I've noticed problems uploading to eBird, yahoo mail and BAMONA
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2016
    leftquark wrote: »
    Sometimes it does this when there's some cookie issues. Perhaps you could try clearing your cookies from Firefox and relogging in, and seeing if that helps?

I thought that as well. I logged out, cleared cookies, logged in on both computers with no change in upload results. With how fast Firefox updates have been recently it is possible it is a Firefox thing.
    -=Bradford

• Mike DeepMike Deep Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2016
    My problems were all related to how Firefox was handling third party cookies.

If you have third party cookies blocked, you should whitelist your custom domain, smugmug.com, cdn.smugmug.com, upload.smugmug.com, secure.smugmug.com, and photos.smugmug.com.

Additionally, if Firefox is set to clear any history on closing, Site Preferences must be excluded, or the whitelisting above will be wiped out.

If all else fails, using yourname.smugmug.com/Folder/Album instead of yourname.com/Folder/Album gets around third party cookies entirely.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    Thanks for the suggestions Mike. Unfortunately that still didn't solve it. I figure I can keep messing with it or just move over to Chrome, Safari, Opera, or Lightroom when I am uploading.
    -=Bradford