Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited January 15, 2016
    Thanks! I didn't know about this and just now upgraded from v1.0.2. What rev were you at? I haven't been able to locate the actual list of fixes/updates for this patch and would be interested if you run across it.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited January 16, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    ... I haven't been able to locate the actual list of fixes/updates for this patch and would be interested if you run across it.

From Canon Australia: https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Personal/Support-Help/Support-News/Firmware-Updates/EOS-7D-Mark-II-Firmware-Update-Version-1-0-5

"EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.0.5

Firmware Version 1.0.5 incorporates a number of fixes and improvements.
    • Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
    • Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
    • Fixes a phenomenon in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
    • Fixes a processing error in relating to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
    • Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70” occurs, or the shutter does not release.

Please note:

After updating the firmware, you should reconfirm any AF Microadjustment you may have set for your EF 16-35mm f/2.8 USM or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens."
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited January 16, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    Thanks! I didn't know about this and just now upgraded from v1.0.2. What rev were you at? I haven't been able to locate the actual list of fixes/updates for this patch and would be interested if you run across it.

I was on v1.0.2 also. I was surprised that I had not seen this sooner, even wondered if I should post it, it was so old. Glad I was not alone about this.

One thing I notice about the 7DMkII that is annoying, is that if you enable the GPS feature, the GPS feature runs even when the camera is switched off, and this leads to significantly faster emptying of the battery. I love the built in GPS, but I was hoping Canon would disable the GPS battery drain, when the camera is switched off. I do not have this battery issue with my 1DX, but it does sometimes take 10-15 seconds to regain GPS lock after being turned off. I was hoping this firmware update v1.0.5 might deal with this issue, but apparently not. I have read that the 6D has the same battery issue with its built in GPS
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited January 16, 2016
    pathfinder wrote: »
    One thing I notice about the 7DMkII that is annoying, is that if you enable the GPS feature, the GPS feature runs even when the camera is switched off, and this leads to significantly faster emptying of the battery.
    Agreed. Discovering that your battery is dead when you're not expecting it can be really inconvenient.