Options

Question from a SmugMug-er

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
Got this by email:
anonymous wrote:
I have been trying to find a way to easily download / capture all the captions i have for my pictures in my galleries. I have looked thru the hacks section and it appears that you may have api's already built to do such a thing. Am I mistaken?

Does anything exist out there that will do this? :ear

Comments

• Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    I haven't heard of such a thing, however, I have a 1/2 written program to work with smugmug. I'll see what I can brew up.

kc7dji
  • Options
    crotermundcrotermund Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2005
    Regarding Captions On Pictures
    Thank you for posting my original question, Andy. Basically, my galleries are mostly filled with insect photos. I use the caption field for identification purposes on the different species, but it is often times long after i have uploaded the pictures. The amount of work required in identifying them makes the caption field extremely important. I am looking to somehow capture this information so that i can easily download it along with my original photos using a program like sdown.

Another hope would be the ability to do a traditional thumbs type printing of my galleries so that I could build a quick reference for the different species of insects that i have in my galleries. Currently printing has to be done on a page by page basis and still shoots out a couple extra pages for the header & footer.

I apologize if I have provided more details than is necessary. Please advise if either of these things might be feasible to accomodate programatically. Thank you very much.

Craig Rotermund
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    The details are wonderful, we always like to hear just how our customers are using the site. Thanks so much. I'm sure we'll get some good help here.
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    I created Smugmug Exporter to do exactly what you're asking for. Just follow the link in my signature and let me know if you have any problems.