Bug in V3.0.0.0 Beta 1 Lightroom Plugin

i4apicturei4apicture Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 25, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I started to get errors when I opened Lightroom (see attachment) which I have narrowed down to the official Smugmug plugin. If I disable the plugin then the error goes away and then if I subsequently enable it then I get the error message.

I am surprised that the latest automatic update for the plugin looks like an early beta version.

IS the previos version (non -beta) version available to download from anywhere?

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2015
    I.m receiving this same error. Running Lightroom CC 2015.3 on Win 10 Home. Happens on each start of Lightroom and each time I ask Lightroom to reload the plug-in
  • i4apicturei4apicture Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 9, 2015
    ghealy, does your Smugmug LR plugin also show as 3.0.0.0 beta1? I have resolved the problem by downloading 3.0.0.0 from the smugmug website and replacing the plugin files in lightroom. The plugin now shows as just 3.0.0.0. rather than a beta version

My conclusion is that there was a version control problem and somehow the beta version got loaded automatically in lightroom.
    Alan
  • ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2015
    Alan: Yes my issue was identical to yours. I recently moved to a new PC. Upon re-installing Lightroom I was told I needed to use Adobe's Creative Cloud to update the SmugMug plugin. I did and received the beta. I fixed my problem by copying the Smugmug plugin in from my old PC to the new one, overwriting the error prone version. Once I restarted Lightroom and checked the plug-in manager, it told me a 'new' version was available. Downloaded, restarted and all is now right with the world :)
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 9, 2015
    Sorry, this was human error my fault. I've retracted this version from the Adobe Exchange, and submitted a new version...unfortunately, Adobe takes a few days to approve a release.

You can install the correct version manually use the link below...
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321#manual

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • TruelightTruelight Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 11, 2015
    Error persists after uninstall
    I'm having the same Lightroom "poodle" error. I uninstalled the Smugmug plugin, but the error message persists when Lightroom is opened. Will a reinstall the the "old" version you mention eliminate the error message and fix the problem? What if I chose not to use the plugin at all? How do I make the error message go away then?
  • Fearless FredFearless Fred Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2015
    I had the same problem with the poodle error message and the manual update to 3.0 solved it BUT...

Now, every time I start Lightroom, I get a message saying "Lightroom needs to configure your system for the SmugMug plug-in. Never happened before.

UPDATE: Upon further research, this appears to be a problem with Lightroom properly registering itself in Windows 7. The fix at https://support.500px.com/hc/en-us/articles/206751517-Lightroom-Plugin-v1-8-Release-Notes did the trick...
  • chipjchipj Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2015
    UPDATE: Upon further research, this appears to be a problem with Lightroom properly registering itself in Windows 7. The fix at https://support.500px.com/hc/en-us/articles/206751517-Lightroom-Plugin-v1-8-Release-Notes did the trick...
    Good find Fearless Fred! That worked for me as well.
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2016
    I just downloaded the 3.0.2.0 version when prompted (I had been putting it off) and I got stuck in this "needs to configure" loop, tried running Lightroom with admin directly (no impact), but the command line invocation above worked fine.

I am on Windows 10 x 64, and was coming from 2.2.9.3, so it doesn't appear to be quite solved somehow?

But once I did that I can start Lightroom without the error, so I'm good.