Options

Smugmug iOS application not loading new photos

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited January 27, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Used to work perfectly but new photos on my smugmug website are not synching with iOS application. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 12, 2016
    Hi Dan,
    Do you have the latest version of the iOS app? It might be easier to have one of the Support Heroes look directly at your issue. Could you submit a ticket here and include your iPhone version, iOS version, and SmugMug app version, as well as a link to your site, to http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new?

Thanks!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2016
    I have the most recent iOS on my apple iPad and iPhone 6. My site is danielplumer.com

Synching between iOS devices and my smugmug site is no longer happening.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2016
    Thanks for the information Dan. When you use the word "syncing" - what do you mean? If you upload photos from your computer to SmugMug, they should show up on the iOS app. But we don't automatically upload photos between the computer and phone and what not. Do you have an example gallery that you uploaded to SmugMug that is not showing up in your iOS device?

One thing you could try is to delete the SmugMug app and then re-install it. I assume you're also logged in as you into the SmugMug app. If not, if the galleries aren't public, that may be why they're not showing up. Just trying to throw out ideas as part of the debug process.....
    dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    leftquark wrote: »
    Thanks for the information Dan. When you use the word "syncing" - what do you mean? If you upload photos from your computer to SmugMug, they should show up on the iOS app. But we don't automatically upload photos between the computer and phone and what not. Do you have an example gallery that you uploaded to SmugMug that is not showing up in your iOS device?

One thing you could try is to delete the SmugMug app and then re-install it. I assume you're also logged in as you into the SmugMug app. If not, if the galleries aren't public, that may be why they're not showing up. Just trying to throw out ideas as part of the debug process.....

Funny thing is I got the same instructions from the "Super Heroes of Support" when the latest and greatest IOS App was released a while ago when my site wouldn't load.. After a back and forth I got an email from a developer they would be in touch when they fixed it and never heard anything back again.. Now please remember this is a company "Smugmug" that proudly told everyone how they all stood in line to buy an iphone 1 for development purposes. Then again Smugmug still does not provide any type of branded app for IOS that any of their Professional/ Business/ Real Pro Professional Photographer or whatever they are calling it now to provide their customer to purchase images from mobile even though 90% of my traffic is mobile.. Has anyone else wondered about this or is it just me?? I was part of the last beta of the IOS app and had the same problem.. Then again the app is name SMUGMUG and not what your photo company name is?? These are questions that are never answered and ignored..

Is it just me??
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2016
    Funny thing is I got the same instructions from the "Super Heroes of Support" when the latest and greatest IOS App was released a while ago when my site wouldn't load.. After a back and forth I got an email from a developer they would be in touch when they fixed it and never heard anything back again.. Now please remember this is a company "Smugmug" that proudly told everyone how they all stood in line to buy an iphone 1 for development purposes. Then again Smugmug still does not provide any type of branded app for IOS that any of their Professional/ Business/ Real Pro Professional Photographer or whatever they are calling it now to provide their customer to purchase images from mobile even though 90% of my traffic is mobile.. Has anyone else wondered about this or is it just me?? I was part of the last beta of the IOS app and had the same problem.. Then again the app is name SMUGMUG and not what your photo company name is?? These are questions that are never answered and ignored..

Is it just me??

The SmugMug app has always been described as a browsing app, not as a full blown SmugMug web replacement. Purchasing from mobile devices can be done using your clients native web browser. In the future you'll see browsing and check-out on the mobile web get some love.

We're more than happy to discuss these things with you, but we would ask that you do so in a respectful manner without the aggressive undertones that your last message was filled with.

I assume, that you're making a feature request to have a Pro Branded App that shows just your photos, that can be shared with clients, and that allows them to purchase and/or download the photos you've taken for them? What would make the app feel like it's "yours"? Just if the name was your name? If it had your logo? Something else?
    dGrin Afficionado
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    leftquark wrote: »
    The SmugMug app has always been described as a browsing app, not as a full blown SmugMug web replacement. Purchasing from mobile devices can be done using your clients native web browser. In the future you'll see browsing and check-out on the mobile web get some love.

We're more than happy to discuss these things with you, but we would ask that you do so in a respectful manner without the aggressive undertones that your last message was filled with.

I assume, that you're making a feature request to have a Pro Branded App that shows just your photos, that can be shared with clients, and that allows them to purchase and/or download the photos you've taken for them? What would make the app feel like it's "yours"? Just if the name was your name? If it had your logo? Something else?

Yeah an app with My company name on it to purchase photos would be great. Still no iphone cases we can offer for our customers, there list of feature requests go on and on here on DGRIN.. I want to sell photos not have an app for browsing my photos.. Sorry for the attitude but it seems everyone just keeps repeating what folks have been begging for theirs sites since I started on Smugmug in 2007.. I work hard at what I do, it just gets frustrating that sometimes..

BTW it's not a feature request it has been addressed on here by a Principle of the company years ago about mobile apps for purchasing photos. However someone has a patent on it and it causes issues, there was a workaround that everyone thought would work, then nothing.. I get up everyday trying to sell photos in may area 90% of my traffic is mobile.. I have to make it easy to click by and not using a browser..

Thanks for your time..
  • Options
    DBentley15DBentley15 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 16, 2016
    Ditto
    I have a shared folder with family members. Up until last week sometime had been working fine, now they no longer are syncing photos to the app. Android and web versions still update fine, but when they log in on the iOS app they have no photos at all.
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 26, 2016
    Hello DBentley15,

If you could write to us at help@smugmug.com and give a link to the gallery that is having difficulty updating to show on the app, that would be most helpful. We would love to help find a resolution for you.

Jen
    Support Hero
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2016
    Jenuine wrote: »
    Hello DBentley15,

If you could write to us at help@smugmug.com and give a link to the gallery that is having difficulty updating to show on the app, that would be most helpful. We would love to help find a resolution for you.

Jen
    Support Hero

The last several photos in this gallery won't load on my iOS app. e-mail sent as well.

http://www.danielplumer.com/Landscapes/Landscapes/
  • Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2016
    Hi Dan,

Thank you, we received your message and replied already as well, asking for a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you reply to that email, we'll be happy to have a look and help you further!
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2016
    vakvarju wrote: »
    Hi Dan,

Thank you, we received your message and replied already as well, asking for a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you reply to that email, we'll be happy to have a look and help you further!

It's on my iOS smugmug app under miscellaneous landscapes. No screenshot available.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2016
    dlplumer wrote: »
    It's on my iOS smugmug app under miscellaneous landscapes. No screenshot available.

If you press the home button and the power button at the same time, it will take a screenshot. You can then send that to the Heroes!
    dGrin Afficionado