Mini Challenge #221: Bridges - RESULTS

travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
edited February 24, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi everybody,

First I want to thank again to all of you for taking your time and participate in this challenge, with so BEAUTIFUL entries :clap

It was not an easy task to choose, however I have some favorites and these are - in the order of entry:

Jo West

2) The Sundial Bridge - Redding, Ca. This is a pedestrian bridge. - HONORABLE MENTION

Sun%20dial%20bridge%20in%20day-S.jpg

PhotonSnapper

2) Samuel Beckett Bridge, Dublin - HONORABLE MENTION

_D135638_frame-S.jpg
----

Sara

1) Pont du Valentre, the medieval bridge in the city of Cahors, France - SECOND PLACE - wonderful photo!

20120819_009_DMC-G3-S.jpg

Alan

1) Tower Bridge London - HONORABLE MENTION

IMG_1435_HDR-S.jpg

PEGELLI

Erasmusbridge, Rotterdam - HONORABLE MENTION

Sorry I couldn't resize this one

----

Eldon

Topside, 6th Street Viaduct - HONORABLE MENTION

i-B3L92th-S.jpg

----

Peter

1. Amsterdam, Netherlands - HONORABLE MENTION

IMG_2665-S.jpg

----

Jorge

2) Puente de Castilla-La Mancha, 192m height, constructed in 2011 - THIRD PLACE

11.10.18-182600-Ciclista-S.jpg

----

Gatto

The cobra ( Roma, Italy) - WINNER!!!

25056347902_d7441cf615_b.jpg

Fantastic photo - Congratulations! :clap

So Gatto, it's your turn to hold the next challenge :)
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    Beautiful winners. Agree the Cobra is spectacular (both bridge and capture). Second place has a nice tranquil mood and third place is clearly a bridge + something that adds a lot.

Thanks for the HM on my picture.
    Since you had trouble re-scaling here it is:
    PEG_A850_3_01395_20151001-S.jpg
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    Great picture by the winner. Congratualtions thumb.gif
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    Congratulations to Gatto for the win and three great bridge shots. There were some fantastic bridge photos in this mini - thanks Tatiana for hosting it.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    pegelli wrote: »
    Beautiful winners. Agree the Cobra is spectacular (both bridge and capture). Second place has a nice tranquil mood and third place is clearly a bridge + something that adds a lot.

Thanks for the HM on my picture.
    Since you had trouble re-scaling here it is:
    PEG_A850_3_01395_20151001-S.jpg

Thank you Pegelli, I don't know why I couldn't resize it, but glad you did, because your photo deserves to be seen clap.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    Congratulations everyone - and loved the Cobra - well deserved,

Alan
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 22, 2016
    Congrats everyone! Since Gatto has not responded yet, I will send a PM and will give them till the 24th to put up a new mini challenge before passing on to the runner up.
    edited February 22, 2016
    JAG wrote: »
    Congrats everyone! Since Gatto has not responded yet, I will send a PM and will give them till the 24th to put up a new mini challenge before passing on to the runner up.

I sent it already Joyce, with the mention of 72h from the rules, but a reinforcement will not hurt anyway :)
    Travelways.com
    edited February 22, 2016
    travelways wrote: »
    I sent it already Joyce, with the mention of 72h from the rules, but a reinforcement will not hurt anyway :)

*** Maybe 72 hours is a little too long ne_nau.gif Can we make it shorter (maybe...) headscratch.gif
    Travelways.com
    edited February 22, 2016
    *** Maybe 72 hours is a little too long ne_nau.gif Can we make it shorter (maybe...) headscratch.gif
    I suspect 72 hours is targeting the possibility of someone being away for a long weekend break (time zone differences ignored). Depending on the day of week the mini finishes it would not be an unreasonable allowance IMHO.

Alan.
  • GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2016
    Thank you, I am surprised that I won, all of your pictures are so beautiful. I feel like a normal guy in the land of Giants when i see your work, i always look up to your posts and quietly take notes and try to better my vision of the world around me. Thank You for sharing your passion.
    This shot was taken at 4 AM in Rome during one of my visit back home ( i moved to Texas 27 years ago) and my mother thinks I am crazy because i leave after dinner and come back for breakfast, i take pictures all night of this wonderful city, i remember a police car with 3 officers stopped and talked to me for about 5 minutes, they were very friendly and curious about my cameras and i guess they agreed with my mother ..Laughing.gif
    I will try to come up with a good challenge for us to enjoy.

Grazie

Gabe (Gatto)
    edited February 22, 2016
    Gatto wrote: »
    Thank you, I am surprised that I won, all of your pictures are so beautiful. I feel like a normal guy in the land of Giants when i see your work, i always look up to your posts and quietly take notes and try to better my vision of the world around me. Thank You for sharing your passion.
    This shot was taken at 4 AM in Rome during one of my visit back home ( i moved to Texas 27 years ago) and my mother thinks I am crazy because i leave after dinner and come back for breakfast, i take pictures all night of this wonderful city, i remember a police car with 3 officers stopped and talked to me for about 5 minutes, they were very friendly and curious about my cameras and i guess they agreed with my mother ..Laughing.gif

Grazie

Gabe (Gatto)

Grazie ... I've kicked around in here on and off for a while ... your shot was a well deserved winner and Tatiana is a very good photographer with excellent judgement - well done.

Alan.

PS - I love your photo of the jet shadow over the motorways - just thought I'd mention it.
    edited February 23, 2016
    Gatto wrote: »

Grazie

Gabe (Gatto)

Laughing.gif - Don't worry Gabe i'm sure that everybody here is on your side - I wish I was with you wandering through Rome day or night and taking photos :) I was there many years ago only for few hours, but I had no camera at that time.

* Thanks Alan :)

Looking forward to the new challenge clap.gif
    Travelways.com
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2016
    Laughing.gif - Don't worry Gabe i'm sure that everybody here is on your side - I wish I was with you wandering through Rome day or night and taking photos :) I was there many years ago only for few hours, but I had no camera at that time.

* Thanks Alan :)

Looking forward to the new challenge clap.gif
    I'm with you Tatiana. WOuld love to get back to Rome, Last there in '66 with a range finder Konica 35mm, as a treenager. :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2016
    Tatiana,

Thanks so much for the 2nd place - I am indeed honored to even be mentioned. There were so many superb entries I thought I had no chance.

Take care everyone - looking forward to the next challenge!

Cheers, Sara
    edited February 23, 2016
    Tatiana,

Thanks so much for the 2nd place - I am indeed honored to even be mentioned. There were so many superb entries I thought I had no chance.

Take care everyone - looking forward to the next challenge!

Cheers, Sara

You deserve it Sara :) I know there were some more spectacular ones, but I really like the almost perfect symmetry created by the reflections in the water and also the subject matter. I like the simplicity of it and the beautiful contrast that reflects perfectly the beauty of the landscape. I don't know what to say more, but I love it :)clap.gif
    Travelways.com
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2016
    It was a (very) hot Sunday morning in August and we were heading out of Cahors to start the leg of our bike trip along the "vélo route du vallée du lot". About five minutes out of the center of town both of us screeched our bikes to a halt and shouted "photo op!!!" simultaneously. Out came the cameras and many photos were taken before we continued our ride through the beautiful countryside.

One could perhaps wish for colors that pop a bit more, but the day was so hot that the sky was an extremely light, milky blue and only got lighter in the course of the day.

Cheers, Sara