Headshot session with Courtney . Fresnel Portraits Round 2

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited March 14, 2016 in People
Tried to get some fresnel lighting mojo going on in here. Was very happy with the result.

1. 7591672_orig.jpg
2. 3044684_orig.jpg
3. 4370929_orig.jpg
4. 7532809_orig.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2016
    Much better than the first fresnel batch - these are great! You have such a great fashion look to all of your indoor work, Michael - this is definitely 'your" style! thumb.gif
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2016
    divamum wrote: »
    Much better than the first fresnel batch - these are great! You have such a great fashion look to all of your indoor work, Michael - this is definitely 'your" style! thumb.gif

Thanks Madeleine! A few tips from Marcin Wuu made a world of a difference. Definitely starting to get an understanding of how this type of lighting works and slowly inching closer to my style!
  • Marcin WuuMarcin Wuu Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2016
    Way to go dude. Now for the rim and hairlights. And stick to that model, she's perfect. Just give her something else to wear. Thrift shop t-shirts don't really go well with hollywood lighting.
    I'm a lazy portraitist. I only shoot beautiful women.
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2016
    Marcin Wuu wrote: »
    Way to go dude. Now for the rim and hairlights. And stick to that model, she's perfect. Just give her something else to wear. Thrift shop t-shirts don't really go well with hollywood lighting.

Thanks man! I have a few beautiful models to choose from and talented MUA's on hand, but I may have another round with Courtney dressed up. Do you use fresnels for the rim and hairlight? I could see the fresnel looking great for a rim light.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2016
    highlights look a little hot to me (and I usually like 'em that way)..
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook