M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited March 15, 2016 in People
Thoughts?

i-bFrKGZ4-XL.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited December 20, 2015
    Hey Scott,

I love the idea and the pose. Also, great hair and expression. The only question I have about it is that the hand seems to be brighter than the face. Was that intentional? I have zero experience with lighting so I can't offer suggestions. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I think it's a problem...ne_nau.gif
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2015
    Hmmmm.... I hadn't noticed that until now. No, not intentional - rather, just how it turned out.

I'm still learning this lighting thing myself..... Thanks!
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2015
    The lighting emphasizes the hair and face, leaving the rest of her body in the dark - but not disappearing altogether and leaving her head floating. Wonderful effect. I would also like to see the right hand darkened a bit so that it doesn't draw your eye away from her face. But that is a nit - great job!
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2015
    Nice and well done. I echo the darkening of the hand, but lightening the face and hair just a smidgeon would also help (at least on my monitor).
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    I think the hand would have worked out better if it was between her elbow and chest this way the brightness would not be a problem. It also seems that your lens choice made the laying down arm larger that it normally would be. Same effect carried out on the hand on chin.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    I don't mind the hand at all...in fact, it serves to frame the face. I'd tone it down...but not equal to the face. You still want separate the hand from the face...but only a little...so that it's not a distraction.

I like the pose...your choice in models...pretty good.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2016
    Very good:)
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2016
    Love everything about this, but like some others, the hand.

If the hand was moved back farther so the knuckles were nearer her ear I think it would be perfect.
  • Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2016
    Love:)