Options

Printmark on downloads but not on prints

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited March 23, 2016 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My objective:
1 - online gallery is watermarked
2 - web sized downloads have a watermark on the downloaded image
3 - Purchased prints do not have a watermark

Here is what I believe is my only solution if I want the client to full fill with the shopping cart and I'm out of the loop.

1- Online gallery watermarked, no problem I always do this

2 - Selected the digital download product with printmark. I have created my printmark and will just need to assign it in the gallery's shopping settings. The print mark is pretty small, but if I uploaded images from Lightroom to the gallery with a watermark embedded, then any prints will have that watermark.

3 - Prints by default will have a watermark printed on them because of the gallery's printmark setting. If I turn on proof delay in the gallery's shopping settings, then I will get a email when someone purchases a print. But in this case I need to intervene.

Am I correct on my assumptions? Is there a better solution?

I haven't found how to turn off printmark when I release the print during proof delay.

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    Hello Keith,

If you set up a watermark in the gallery settings, that watermark will only affect the online galleries and will be removed before printing. If you upload a photo with a printmark/watermark on the original, that cannot be removed on SmugMug. Only the SmugMug watermark/printmark can be removed via SmugMug.

If you're selling digital downloads, you can select printmarked download products to be sold via the pricelist. If printmarked downloads are sold, there is not a way to remove the printmark from those in proof delay at all. In general if a digital download order is placed, your customer will have access to those downloads as soon as the order is placed. Proof delay does not concern digital downloads. We explain all about selling digital downloads on the following help page: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93346-how-do-i-sell-digital-downloads-

In case of prints: if you have printmark enabled in the gallery settings/site-wide settings and proof delay is enabled when the order is placed, you'll be able to turn off the printmark during the proof delay period (although you can't turn it on).
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net