Options

Missing photobook workflow for weddings that integrates with lightroom

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited March 26, 2016 in Weddings
Dear all,
I am using lightroom to import and edit my photos. What I largely miss though is an ouput type of workflow that would allow me to create other books for printing or a virtual photo book that can be shared with friends. The ideal would be to have the same digital book ready for print and not just another online type of gallery that does not look like a book. It would be great if the online gallery allows you to browse a book like hearing the sound of a page when it turns.

I am willing to spend some money on finding a product that can work directly with lightroom and use my edites lightroom files (Without first exporting those to jpegs and then importing those to an external program). Even better if my books can be stored inside lightroom so they also get backup any time I backup my lightroom catalogue.

Do you have anything in mind?
So I far I designed a book inside lightroom that I printed directly with Blurb. Although
1. I did not like blurb experience at all
and
2. The pdf file you get is a pdf file to be sent to a lab for printing and not a virtual duplicate of how my book would look like printed.

What do you use?
Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 8, 2016
    On Blurb you can select the Ebook option, which gives you a electronic book that can be read by any book reader. Sound effects would be a property of the reader.

What is it that you didn't like about the "blurb experience"?
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2016
    Thanks for the answer
    1. The ebook option is only for ereaders or for printing it in a lab. I would like to also get a virtual book that can be browsed either online or as a standalone pdf file (where layout resembles a book)
    2. Print quality, customer service and the selection of books
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    On Blurb you can select the Ebook option, which gives you a electronic book that can be read by any book reader. Sound effects would be a property of the reader.

What is it that you didn't like about the "blurb experience"?

IS there "something" that can prepare also a nice online version of the book? something that I could be able to share with clients and would have some lovely quality feeling.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2016
    Honestly I'm not sure how much there is between the land of Blurb-style ebooks and printed books, and the land of Animoto style slideshows and videos.

Honestly? I'd just pick one, or both, and settle for that. There's plenty of money to be made using either as a profit generation tool. Unless you're able to self-develop the type of product you want all by yourself, in which case you should go into business making that product instead and maybe make a killing, who knows...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum