Options

Best camera for photography?

amit007amit007 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited April 8, 2016 in Weddings
I'm an amateur item picture taker utilizing a Panasonic Lumix LX7, making great deals on my stock photographs and have had no negative criticism with respect to my photograph quality (more than 100 deals), however the quality isn't up to scratch as I would like to think.

When I zoom into 100% (on PS), the picture is fluffy/grainy (300 dpi, 3700 px wide). I have changed the determination, picture size, and so on PS-none of which work. I have changed the F stop, gap and auto and manual settings, additionally none of which work. The lens is spotless.

I need to begin charging more for my photographs so truly need a genuinely sharp picture; something I'm not going to need to utilize the hone instrument in Photoshop for.

I'm accepting I'm presumably utilizing the wrong camera for my needs. I've taken a stab at purchasing an alternate lens yet it didn't fit (remember, I am an amateur and am most likely missing something). I am under 30Cm far from my "subjects" so wouldn't have thought determination would really be such an issue.

Can anybody suggest a decent arrangement or camera that will take sharp close-ups of still pictures? I truly needn't bother with anything excessively favor or progressed, only a decent strong choice for sharp close ups.

Comments

• Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Welcome...best if you post your question/thread to the the Gear > Cameras section.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Best camera? I think we are all searching for that elusive answer. It really depends on what you're doing and how you're doing it. So many things effect image quality and even the most expensive camera's can still take lousy images.

I'm a huge believer that better glass and good lighting are more important than the camera body (to a point).

The camera is simply 1 tool in the image making process, and while I can recommend the two systems I use, that wouldn't necessarily be the best choice for you, because I don't know what you do and what other tools you have and how you are using them.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    amit007amit007 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    Best camera? I think we are all searching for that elusive answer. It really depends on what you're doing and how you're doing it. So many things effect image quality and even the most expensive camera's can still take lousy images.

I'm a huge believer that better glass and good lighting are more important than the camera body (to a point).

The camera is simply 1 tool in the image making process, and while I can recommend the two systems I use, that wouldn't necessarily be the best choice for you, because I don't know what you do and what other tools you have and how you are using them.

agree with you sir
  • Options
    droptodesigndroptodesign Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2016
    The dark side and light side
    Best camera; Well in the grand scheme of things, there's the Darkside-Canon and the lightside-Nikon. Ok, so that's a lame Starwars joke from a Nikon user.

It's a choice, a road that you will travel trying to keep up with the updates, so I think you might want to explore all camera brands to see what you like about their approach to design. Also lens compatibility and selection would be something else to consider.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2016
    Look at the suggestions from your last question http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255629

Also, it seems you have already found the perfect system http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255630
  • Options
    ccraftccraft Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2016
    I've been photographing weddings for the last 10 years and it's very important to have a camera that can handle low light (for dark churches/receptions) without much grain. That's why I prefer the D600 or better in the Nikon realm... (Nikon is all I know). Also, definitely want either Nikon or Canon since you'll have more options for lenses. Best affordable lenses - Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 (important that it is 2.8 don't use a kit lens for a wedding bc you need to show off things and it's best to have a shallow DOF), a 50mm 1.8 if you can afford it (onlY $166 CAD last I checked)... and a 70-200mm 2.8 or something like that. The 24-200mm lenses seem like great value... but the depth of field isn't that great and DOF really counts w weddings. Best of luck!!

Christina Craft - FunkyTown Photography
    portrait and wedding photographer Victoria BC
    C-2529 Vancouver St, Victoria · 360-775-2539

• Options
    EskuvoEskuvo Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2016
    It is like asking for the best "car to drive"....
  • Options
    JayOPhotoJayOPhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2016
    My camera of choice for weddings is the D750. I use it without the battery grip because it's fairly lightweight and is great in low light. I use it with my 24 to 70mm lens and sometimes with my ultra wide lens for effect. I have a d750 and 70-200mm lens for working in the church and portraits. They work great as I love shooting in available light only using the flash for formals, when I need to. It's a simple combo and works for me!
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2016
    jonh68 wrote: »
    Look at the suggestions from your last question http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255629

Also, it seems you have already found the perfect system http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255630

the "perfect system" - a small pocket size camera with one pancake zoom lens for professional sports and weddings and sells for under $500
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2016
    I would build my gear in this order:
    Canon camera -- whatever you can afford
    Lightroom / Photoshop
    External flash
    prime - 1.4 50mm
    24 - 105 f/4L