the dgrin game - post your comments here!

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 26, 2005
    gives new meaning to "bird's eye view"

attachment.php?attachmentid=9235&stc=1
    :oogle :yikes :booze
    edited November 26, 2005
    we're in the final stretch for P2K.

who will it be? who WILL it be??? :D
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    :oogle :yikes :booze
    Whuzza matta? You got the blues ...heron Saturday night? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Angelo wrote:
    we're in the final stretch for P2K.

who will it be? who WILL it be??? :D

rolleyes1.gif :uhoh :D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited November 26, 2005
    Whuzza matta? You got the blues ...heron Saturday night? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif :uhoh :D
    Yea Mike. #2000 oh and hey, it's a bird. what a surprise! rolleyes1.gif

CONGRATS!!!
    edited November 26, 2005
    That was pretty fowl......wasn't it?rolleyes1.gif:D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    I might have to look more serious into this motor bike thing :uhoh
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Nice one, Sid
    41979771-S.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    game within the game
    So lately I've been unable to keep up with y'all, so I'm scrolling through a few days worth of pics at a time (and really, deeply, colorfully swearing at dgrin's concept of "read" and "unread"). Doing this I've found a rather entertaining game within the game... trying to guess (a) what the poster thought tied their shot to the previous, and (b) how many other ways you can tie them together, or (c) what the relationship between the shooter and the subject was.

For example, between posts 2090 and 2091 there is (a) the obvious facial similarities between Jim Cantore and the pooch... but there is also (b) things which should be outlawed, and (c) I'm guessing producer and host for Storm Stories, and I hope, passerby and dog looking for pity.

Namely for b I'm thinking [size=-1]pronged collars and allowing journalists into disaster zones solely for the purpose of "filing a report." (not to say that's the only reason wxwax and Cantore were there... but generally speaking, what I've heard from folks on the ground in nola that's about all any of the media were doing.)
    [/size]
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    41979771-Th.jpg
    Thanks Rutt. NOLA about a month and a half or more after Katrina.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited December 1, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks Rutt. NOLA about a month and a half or more after Katrina.

I moved your post and rutt's post from the Shootout thread, to where they belong, here, in this thread.

Who are you again? lol3.gif
    edited December 1, 2005
    cabbey wrote:
    So lately I've been unable to keep up with y'all, so I'm scrolling through a few days worth of pics at a time (and really, deeply, colorfully swearing at dgrin's concept of "read" and "unread"). Doing this I've found a rather entertaining game within the game... trying to guess (a) what the poster thought tied their shot to the previous, and (b) how many other ways you can tie them together, or (c) what the relationship between the shooter and the subject was.

For example, between posts 2090 and 2091 there is (a) the obvious facial similarities between Jim Cantore and the pooch... but there is also (b) things which should be outlawed, and (c) I'm guessing producer and host for Storm Stories, and I hope, passerby and dog looking for pity.

Namely for b I'm thinking [size=-1]pronged collars and allowing journalists into disaster zones solely for the purpose of "filing a report." (not to say that's the only reason wxwax and Cantore were there... but generally speaking, what I've heard from folks on the ground in nola that's about all any of the media were doing.)
    [/size]

Pffffttt.

The show he worked on got a lot of thanks from people there for telling the story of the entire Gulf coast, not just NOLA. Remind me to turn to a guy from MN to find out what's going on on the ground in hurricane territory. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited December 1, 2005
    cabbey wrote:

[/size]

Yes - I am trying now to go for the un-obvious when I play - can't always, but the fun part is taking a tiny element from prior pic and going in whole new direction thumb.gif
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Yes - I am trying now to go for the un-obvious when I play - can't always, but the fun part is taking a tiny element from prior pic and going in whole new direction thumb.gif
    Wish I had a photo to "associate" to Douglas' un-obvious striped socks . . . mwink.gif

36260538-M.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

edited December 1, 2005
    Wish I had a photo to "associate" to Douglas' un-obvious striped socks . . . mwink.gif

36260538-Ti.jpg

Notice, they match his lens mwink.gif
    edited December 1, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Notice, they match his lens mwink.gif
    How glad I am that I shoot Nikon - easy to coordinate my lenses with with my socks . . .
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    I happen to admire Jim Cantore. I host on my private servers the chat rooms for Storm2k, a large community of avid hurricane watchers, meteorologist and enthusiast. During the hurricanes that chat room is an intense serious place and most are also tuned in to TWC etc. There are many professionals - military and civilian also.
    I associated the intense worry and concern in his face with the same expression of the Vizula dog I took at a dog show. I've wanted to play the game for a long time, but I'm just not fast enough or I don't have good enough pics to post. It's fun and I get many laughs just reading this thread.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited December 1, 2005
    Andy wrote:

Agreed.
    Sid.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Agreed.
    and if I can steer it away from more birds, even better :D
    edited December 1, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    and if I can steer it away from more birds, even better :D
    15524779-Ti.gif
    john w

Edward Steichen

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Oh a challenge. You know when I see any pic posted I get an image of a bird. I still have afew thousand bird shots left that fit numerous possibilities. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited December 1, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Oh a challenge. You know when I see any pic posted I get an image of a bird. I still have afew thousand bird shots left that fit numerous possibilities. rolleyes1.gif
    Yes, I now realize my comment was like throwing rocks at a bee's nest - no good can come of this :uhoh .

I'm sure you have the ubiquitous "matching avian shot" for anything we can post.
    john w

Edward Steichen

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Yes, I now realize my comment was like throwing rocks at a bee's nest - no good can come of this :uhoh .

I'm sure you have the ubiquitous "matching avian shot" for anything we can post.
    nod.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited December 1, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gifdeal.gif
    Harryb wrote:
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    :help
    what have we done
    edited December 1, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    :help
    what have we done
    bird flu

a pandemic of bird shots

eeeks
    john w

Edward Steichen

edited December 1, 2005
    bird flu

a pandemic of bird shots

eeeks
    I'll call a doctor.......relax. :D

49556578.jpg
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited December 1, 2005
    edited December 1, 2005
    I'm starting to reply regularly with birds....... God help me! :D
    edited December 1, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I'm starting to reply regularly with birds....... God help me! :D
    If you can't beat them..........join them.

vp%20king%20penguins%20and%20sheep.jpg

rolleyes1.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    If you can't beat them..........join them.

rolleyes1.gif
    Do you have a shot of Lemmings? Laughing.gif
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke