Options

Recommendations for photography seminars?

FormerLurkerFormerLurker Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited November 26, 2005 in Technique
There are so many people and organizations out there offering classes and seminars it's hard to know which ones are worthwhile and which ones are not. Does anyone have any recommendations for organization(s) that sponsor consistently good seminars? Looking primarily for mid- to advanced shooting and composition techniques with a digital camera, as well as basic to mid-level PS. I'm on the east coast but location is less important, as it's always a good write-off to travel to a class! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    www.photoshopseminars.com
    I've taken three classes with the folks who do the appropriately named "Photoshop Seminars" at www.photoshopseminars.com and highly recommend them. Each class is around US $100 and lasts one day. Of the three classes offered now, I would rank them like this for photographers:

1. Photoshop for Photographers
    2. Photoshop CS2 Power
    3. Photoshop CS2 Creativity

For graphic artists, reverse that order.

I have not taken the "Power" class, but have taken the other two, plus a class with Scott Kelby not offered on the current schedule. Ben Willmore is an excellent teacher, as well as a Photoshop expert.

Cheers,
    Scott
    There are so many people and organizations out there offering classes and seminars it's hard to know which ones are worthwhile and which ones are not. Does anyone have any recommendations for organization(s) that sponsor consistently good seminars? Looking primarily for mid- to advanced shooting and composition techniques with a digital camera, as well as basic to mid-level PS. I'm on the east coast but location is less important, as it's always a good write-off to travel to a class! Thanks.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    Photoshop CS2 Power tour
    Just went to this one in Ky learned a lot forgot a lot
    But I have a good workbook to go back to
    The one in Covington Ky was sold out we were pack in like sardines

sardines.JPG

Fred
  • Options
    jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    I have not gone to these, but the content looks good, and the instructors are top notch, they have varied locations, and are all digital.

http://www.digitallandscape.org/

Another one I found on the web in the east is

http://horizonworkshops.com/index.html

looks interesting

I have not gone to either, due to lack of time primarily, and a little bit of unwillingness to part with the money.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • Options
    sguerrerosguerrero Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2005
    Nikon School?
    What about Nikon School? I could attend to one of them but I want some feedback first.

www.nikonshcool.com

Thanks
    Sergio
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Damn. Why is there nothing like this in Europe, or better in Scandinavian? There are alot of intrested photographers here to who want to learn. :-)