Women's College Lacrosse

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited May 7, 2016 in Sports
I ended up on the same field at Christopher Newport Univ a few days after Brett1000 and his great posting. Thought I'd post a few from the other version of lacrosse.

1) IMG_0343a-L.jpg

2) IMG_0244a-L.jpg

3)
IMG_0182a-L.jpg

4)
IMG_0106a-L.jpg

5)
IMG_9685a-L.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Regards

Will

Comments

• Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2016
    wmstumme wrote: »
    I ended up on the same field at Christopher Newport Univ a few days after Brett1000 and his great posting. Thought I'd post a few from the other version of lacrosse.

1a-L.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for looking...

yes, the same field playing CNU !
    nice shots, I'm going to have get one of those 300mm 2.8 primes - makes everything look better!
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2016
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    yes, the same field playing CNU !
    nice shots, I'm going to have get one of those 300mm 2.8 primes - makes everything look better!

I have really enjoyed the 300. However, I've heard really good things about the sigma 120-300 f2.8. The flexibility might be nice. Sometimes a prime gets you too close...

IMG_0135a-L.jpg
    Regards

Will
    Great shots, great captures, exposures, etc. I'd crop most of them tighter though.

I had a two year affair with a 300/2.8 on my 5D3. The combo was the ultimate for Little League baseball. I could camp out next to first or third base and with a little foot zooming the reach was perfect to get the batter and pretty much every defense player, except center field was a little too far. But baseball is nicely organized and geometric like that. For Soccer I found the prime to be too limiting. Again the combo got ultimate quality shots, but I was very aware of all the shots I was missing due to no zoom. This wouldn't be a problem for just getting shots of a few players, or for PJ work. For providing exciting shots of every player on the team, which I like and feel compelled to do, it was very difficult and took the whole season to get them all.

I eventually sold the 300/2.8 when I "retired" from the Little League job, and got a 7D2. Used with my 70-200/2.8II, I get 112-320mm, and I'm loving the zoom and the 10fps and the relative portability. I shot high school night football last fall for the first time and loved it. The combo felt perfectly competent and capable and delivered professional results.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2016
    Dang, Will! You still haven't bought the Sigma 120-300??? :deadhorse My friend, you will absolutely love it.

Also, I hope I don't come off like a smug a-hole, but IMO you have come a long way as a photographer in the last few years.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.