Senior Portrait Feedback

LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited July 6, 2016 in People
Hi everyone,

I did a shoot last week and it is my first time using Photoshop actions to enhance my pictures.

I think some looks natural but I am not sure if I over processed in others.

He has a very bad acne problem and used a loot of PP to clean his face but redness was a bit challenging.

I really appreciate if you can give me some feedback about the pictures, post processing, posing and lightning.

Thank you in advance.

Marcelo

p1620426220-5.jpg

p1631085460-5.jpg

p1662364621-5.jpg

p1680098464-5.jpg

p1817600649-5.jpg

p1808742873-5.jpg

p1625470678-5.jpg

p1746085039-5.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2016
    Nice set of portraits.
    The last one is my favorite as it brings the attention to your subject quite well.
    I'm not big on actions but I admit these aren't as overdone as those filters you see on apps like Intsagram
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2016
    I can see that you may have struggled some with the PP and it's not quite there BUT when viewed overall I think he and his parents will be very pleased.

Good job!

Sam
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2016
    These are great images and you should be proud of them. Love the colors and cropping in most but that is an individual taste. I'm a nut on vignetting so I would do that more to bring the attention back in to the subject. If the red is a problem try to lasso the head with a 15px feather and go to Image>adjustments>hue&saturation (crtl U instead of all that), go to the box that has master in it and select red, then play with the saturation and lightness slider.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2016
    Great tip Charles
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2016
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Nice set of portraits.
    The last one is my favorite as it brings the attention to your subject quite well.
    I'm not big on actions but I admit these aren't as overdone as those filters you see on apps like Intsagram

Thank you so much Raynaldo for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
    Sam wrote: »
    I can see that you may have struggled some with the PP and it's not quite there BUT when viewed overall I think he and his parents will be very pleased.

Good job!

Sam

Thank you Sam, they are happy with the pictures.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    These are great images and you should be proud of them. Love the colors and cropping in most but that is an individual taste. I'm a nut on vignetting so I would do that more to bring the attention back in to the subject. If the red is a problem try to lasso the head with a 15px feather and go to Image>adjustments>hue&saturation (crtl U instead of all that), go to the box that has master in it and select red, then play with the saturation and lightness slider.

Thank you Charles for the feedback and the tip.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2016
    Really nice, especially #1, #2 #4 and #8. I love the colors. I'm not wild about the poses in #3 and #5, but the rest are wonderful!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2016
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Really nice, especially #1, #2 #4 and #8. I love the colors. I'm not wild about the poses in #3 and #5, but the rest are wonderful!

Thank you Kate about the feedback and the picks, Richard was so hard to work with posing, he was provably intimidated for the camera/lens.